Hey Makers, is there any book that inspired you the most this year?

Artsiom Patapovich
24 replies
I extremely need some inspiration and motivation.

Replies

Sui Jeneris
For startup founders: The Hard Thing about Hard Things was just very real, great advice, and just amazing
Artsiom Patapovich
@sui_jeneris thank you! one more book with two recomendations in this thread. I'm curious
Abadesi
Honestly I really liked reading Ryan Singer's book, Shape Up. Made me realise how easy it is to over complicate getting stuff done.
Artsiom Patapovich
@abadesi Thank you, annotation sounds like this is exactly what I need. Already started to read :)
سعيد المنصوري
@abadesi كيف يمكني الحصول على هاذا الكتاب
Akash Nidhi
Hi, I just finished Atomic Habits. I highly recommend it if you haven't read. I can see lot of positive changes in me , after i start reading .
Artsiom Patapovich
@skytreasure thank you! added to readimg list :)
Artem Galenko
Tanizaki Junichiro "In Praise of Shadows". This book will change you and your attitude towards life for sure. More than a masterpiece
Artsiom Patapovich
@unrealartemg Thank you Artem. Can't help but read after your recommendation words. Added to the reading list :)
Viesturs Marnauza
Company of One by Paul Jarvis really resonated with me.
Artsiom Patapovich
@viestursm thank you! heard about this book, will read for sure :)
Gabrielė Jusaitytė
I found 'Zero to One' and 'The Hard Thing about Hard Things' the most educational & motivational, can't wait to get my hands on the new 'What You Do is Who You are' by B.Horowitz 😻
Artsiom Patapovich
@gabriele_jusaityte Thank you! 'Zero to One' was read a year ago; it changed my mindset in some aspects. 'The Hard Thing about Hard Things' added to list :)
Francesco 🍫
Check out Atomic Habits, can greatly simplify and put on autopilot your day to day
Artsiom Patapovich
@gamarantor thank you! this is the second mention of this book in the thread; definitely worth reading
Gonçalo Henriques
This was the year where I finally transition from Dev to Product so, the book that most inspired me to do it was "Product Management in Practice" the real life examples helped me a lot in the interviews and in my new Job position.
Artsiom Patapovich
@gonelf Thank you! I'm definitely impressed with how many books for PdM I have never heard about. added to list :)
David Barneda
Endure: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance by Alex Hutchinson
Artsiom Patapovich
@barneda thank you! This book was recommended to me by my friend also. two opinions are always better than one :)
Jeiman Jeya
The 5AM Club: Own Your Morning, Elevate Your Life by Robin Sharma. Once you read that, you'll improve your morning routine by maximizing your productivity, boosting your health and protecting your serenity from dire complexities in life.
Min Tran
Since you're here, I'm sure you will enjoy "Product-led Growth" by Wes Bush as much as I do. I read it twice in a row. It's super helpful and actionable. Some of my favorites in 2019: - Lost and founder by Rand Fishkin (Moz's founder) - Start small, stay small by Rob Walling (Drip's founder) - Make by Pieter Levels - Deep work by Cal Newport
Boriana Mladenova
The Gifts of Imperfection