Do you think Content Marketing is Boring to do?

Vaibhav Dwivedi
10 replies
As makers in general, I would like to know what do you guys think. I think, YES, as It takes a lot of my time.

Replies

caryn werner
It can get tedious at times but I think the value of it gets me through the boring parts. :)
Vaibhav Dwivedi
@caryn___ Exactly, right! That's the same thing with me. I am working on a solution to fix that. Would you be in interested to try it out?
Vaibhav Dwivedi
@caryn___ Awesome. You can learn more about it here - http://www.designtack.com . Once you join, let me know. I will let you in for the beta :)
Tara Hunt
Ha! @realdesigntack If you think it's boring, you're doing it wrong! I may be completely biased because content is my jam, but content can be the most interesting branch of marketing. Yes, it takes a lot of time and people don't really realize this, but doing content *right* (meaning that you get to understand who your audience is and what makes them tick, then creating content they're looking for) is fascinating. It's a dash of analytics, a cup of behavioural analysis, a pound of empathy and a sprinkle of creativity. ;)
Mark Bullard
@realdesigntack @missrogue I am totally with Tara on this one. If it's boring YOU, imagine how boring it will be to your customers/prospects!! Pick a topic or space or angle that you find utterly fascinating. Write about THAT. If you can't do that, then don't do Content Marketing. Lord knows we don't need another Top 5 ways to blah, blah, blah post. Of course, some of those top 5 ways posts are AWESOME because they are novel and/or funny. You must be passionate about something. Write about that! Your passion will come through. Good luck!
Vaibhav Dwivedi
@missrogue I like your take on this and you maybe right, for sure. I think it is boring for me because the content creation part is something I find very tedious to do. However, I do myself write articles on my personal blog and I really find it fascinating too. But when I was an agency owner, It was very difficult to maintain the consistency of creating images, videos, or content in general for promotional aspects on my agency. Though I was able to do it till 4 months! As a "Technical-background" person, These are my thoughts :)
Vaibhav Dwivedi
@missrogue @markbullard Thank you for responding. Yes, I am writing about my passion on my personal blog. Can you please explain what do you mean when you say "it will be boring to my customers?". I would love to know more about that part. I think I should've given more context in the original post.
Mark Bullard
@missrogue @realdesigntack If writing something is boring to you, if posting something is boring to you, it will be boring to consume. But if you LOVE what you're writing about, your passion will come through and it will be more fun to consume. MOST marketing is a bunch of dung because it was written dispassionately by someone who doesn't REALLY care deep down inside. Don't do that.