Do you think there's a chance smart TVs would ever get "extensions/plugins"

Jonathan Riftin
11 replies
similar to Chrome extensions that augment the way you use the internet, I wish there was a platform you could create extensions that sit on top of your smart TV and allow you to develop cool stuff.. i.e - social watching, video chatting, meta data on what you're watching, Trivia etc. BTW - if you could develop/ask for something like that - what would it be?

Replies

Nigel Bahadur
A more practical app might be one that recognizes the music in the movie/show and with one click add it to one or more designated spotify lists.
Jonathan Riftin
@elindydotcom yes - that's a good one. Today i usually just Shazam it on my phone which works ok as long as the song is clear enough. This makes me think perhaps there's a place for a companion app on the phone which acts as a "platform" of app for TV. (until this will actually be possible to develop for TV)
Nigel Bahadur
If you could build apps for smart TVs one I would likely instantly install anything that improved privacy and blocked all the data collection that smart tvs do. Or, if not block, at least anonymize and scrub the outgoing data. Similar to the Ghost, Disconnect and other privacy related chrome extensions.
Elis Moer
I hope they get advanced options especially for live sport options for sports lovers. I'eagerlyly waiting for this.
Natosha Jacobs
Hope so they will go for virtual music as many users have a demand of developing such stuff for a better experience.
Natosha Jacobs
Will they work for previewing an introductory video to the cleaning service? If they work or not?
Natosha Jacobs
I'm trying to use it for a cleaning service but I think it will not work for that or I am doing something wrong.
Natosha Jacobs
What about this website which is offering industrial cleaning? I have also seen the website but not sure about it!!
Natosha Jacobs
Will they work for previewing an introductory video to the window cleaning service? If they work or not?
Natosha Jacobs
The advanced options will be really helpful for tile cleaningtype website.
Natosha Jacobs
An image colorizer is a powerful tool that breathes life into black and white or grayscale images. Using advanced algorithms and artificial intelligence, an image colorizer automatically adds vivid and realistic colors to every pixel, transforming the image into a vibrant and captivating masterpiece.