Which email service are you using?

Navin Poeran
15 replies
Hi all, With https://Kingmailer.co I’m in the email service industry. So for transactional emails (NOT for newsletter) 1) which email service provider are you using 2) and why? And perhaps 3) how much are you paying per month?

Replies

Salil Sethi
@navinp - I'm using SendGrid. I'm on the $90/mo plan. It gets me our own white-listed IP for email. Pretty happy with the service. A few months ago, I was on the $10 plan with community IP. My open rate was 15%. With white-label IP, my open rate is close to 55%. So pretty happen with the extra $$$
Salil Sethi
@navinp hahaha... i know. My biggest plus with sendgrid is having a custom IP address.... Without the IP, it is $10 per month, but they put me on a community IP. As I mentioned, the open and delivery rate skyrocketed with custom IP address.
Navin Poeran
@salil_sethi Hello, are you using the service for newsletters or transactional emails?
Navin Poeran
@salil_sethi Wow, that's really a lot :/ have you tried alternative providers? I know you're happy there... but still $90 p/mo :o
Navin Poeran
@salil_sethi Too bad it's forbidden here to ask you to try my service, but if it wasn't forbidden, I would ask
Navin Poeran
@salil_sethi I understand and I’m happy for you. It’s just an IP with a high sender score You can check it’s sender score here Sender score .org The IP has a good overal reputation
Ryan Wilson
@navinp I'm using convertkit for both newsletter and transactional emails using tags and automations. I don't really have any time sensitive transactional emails yet so it's been fine. I do think it's a bit slower to send than services that focus entirely on transactional emails. I use convertkit because it's easy to use it for a few different products and the tagging and automations are really powerful. I am paying $261.00/year and that is good for up to 1000 subscribers. If I get more than that I'll need to move up a tier.
Navin Poeran
@ryan_wilson6 so around $22 p/mo Thanks so much for the feedback 🙏