Chat bot engine! πŸ€–

Paul Danyliuk
8 replies
https://coda.io/d/Tiny-chat-bot_... I’m very proud of this one. A week ago I knew nothing about Coda and felt overwhelmed by simply looking at it. Then I learned most of its features while building my first submission. And then I wondered whether it was possible to implement an actual chat bot on Coda, within the "no code" limitations (i.e., only with tables, formulas, and actions). It had to be a back-and-forth dialog with arbitrary number of possible answers and also branching. Turns out it’s possible! 😁 And the dialog is very intuitive to edit β€” it’s just one table of "when bot said" -> "user can reply" -> "bot will say" entries. Now anyone can make a chat bot in Coda for their help topics, employee onboarding, quizzes and whatnot, and embed it wherever.

Replies

Paul Danyliuk
Ugh, PH did screw up post formatting hard :(
Saumo Pal
@paul_danyliuk This is the best use case till now hands down!
Paul Danyliuk
@saumo_pal Thanks πŸ˜„ Perhaps not the best (as there are many solid submissions that I saw on Twitter), but a creative yet simple one for sure πŸ˜‰
Edward @hellostartup.la
@paul_danyliuk Pretty SOLID - Im totally digging this! :D
Devan Sabaratnam
@paul_danyliuk Very very very clever use of the Coda platform here Paul. It's one of those "I can't believe its not a real AI bot" moments. Well done! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½