Have any questions? The Snap team are to help πŸ‘»

Aaron O'Leary
37 replies
Snap are here to help you during every step of your build. If you have any burning questions, ask them here and the amazing people at Snap will lend you a helping hand! πŸ€—

Replies

Kevin D.H Kim 🀘
Does the product have to be released in the app store to be considered or can it be on Test Flight?
Christine Sunu
@dh9kim Good question! Are you asking about the festival or the Snap Kit app review process?
Jared Schaffer
@aaronoleary @christine_at_snap @dh9kim reposting from maker chat β€” "Hi Kevin, you don't need app store or Testflight approval to be included in the Festival (we know the time frame is pretty short so we can take a preview version). For the Festival we'll only need the short video/screenshots and steps in the submission flow." β€” @ejsnowdon
Ethan Fan
Any way to use the storyKit? I know there are in beta.
JΓ³n Arason
@ethanyfan That's exactly what I would love to try as well. I believe they are still working on it, but you can request for early access here: https://kit.snapchat.com/#story-kit
Christine Sunu
@ethanyfan @jon_arason Probably not for this Festival, but we're excited to try to hold more online events like this one with more of our tools later on!
Mustafa Bhatkar
I've read the guidelines, but I am still confused. Can we add Snap Kit to the existing product and participate?
Aaron O'Leary
@mustafa_bhatkar Hi Mustafa! Sure thing, if you have an existing project but want to create a snapkit version feel free!
Jess Solka
Anybody using the Creative Kit for web? I'm excited about adding it to my site but I can't seem to get the sticker part working
Christine Sunu
@jrobins Hi Jess! Where are you having trouble?
Jess Solka
@christine_at_snap Hello! I was following the tutorial and added the meta tag for snapchat:sticker but the sticker doesn't show up 🀷The link attaches though
Christine Sunu
@jrobins Got it. Some things to check: 1) Make sure your image is a png or webp, no larger than 1000x1000px 2) There's a 1 hr cache on sticker changes, so after you change a sticker you may want to wait and try again later, or test the same URL with a unique query param (I've written out some instructions for that below). One easy way to test your stickers is to generate the snapcode for your site. You'll notice on desktop that the popup generated looks like this: http://snapchat.com/scan?attachm... You can actually go to this site in a browser where you're logged into Snap Kit, and you should be able to see the Snapcode. If you need to force a cache refresh, you can go to the same site with a unique query param. (You can't have used this param before, otherwise the refresh won't occur.) For example: http://snapchat.com/scan?attachm... 3) Stickers won't work if they're behind an auth wall (like a login page), but you can push the tags to prod and adjust the `data-share-url` attribute to specify your production site
Jess Solka
@christine_at_snap Thanks so much for the info! My image meets all the criteria and is public so I'm not super sure why it isn't showing up
Christine Sunu
@jrobins Is the page itself public as well?
George Bougakov
Hi! Is there any way to obtain user's username via login kit? There is no GraphQL reference and all links regarding profile fields are broken 😭
Christine Sunu
@gbougakov Thanks for the question! When you use Login Kit, you can request the Snapchatter's display name and Bitmoji avatar, but username is not available.
Kevin Guebert
How does the `uiOptions.locale` parameter on the Bitmoji kit operate? I was expecting it to change the language of the bitmoji text but I could be interpreting it wrong. I've been following a tutorial on it so everything is very basic right now and nothing custom/different has been done than base setup.
Christine Sunu
@kevinguebert Hi, Kevin! Great question! The `uiOptions.locale` parameter changes the both the content and the language of text shown in the various screens, like the login page, search bar, etc. Hope this helps!
Kevin Guebert
@christine_at_snap That's what I expected but I'm not having any luck. Do you know if a users settings would override that? I logged in with my account on the bitmoji picker while passing the locale of `fr-FR` but my bitmoji stickers were still in english. (Note, I am an english speaker and reside in the US). Sorry if this is too fine-grain for questions here πŸ™ƒ Update: Just copy and pasting from the web tutorial, adding in my clientId and secret and then setting the locale to be `fr-FR`, I was unable to change the language. Must be something else going on I dont quite understand yet
Christine Sunu
@kevinguebert Ah, I see! We may be at the limit of my knowledge on that one; best practice here may actually be to email support since the folks I would usually ask aren't in the right time zone to respond right away :) https://support.snapchat.com/en-... You can let them know you are a part of the Makers Festival as well!
George Bougakov
Hi! I've just finished my app and submitted it for review. How long does the review usually last? I am worried that I won't be able to submit it to Makers Festival in time because it also needs to be reviewed by Apple, and it takes time. App ID is a6dd1388-4ce4-4c5b-860e-18ba1d9cbea6
Christine Sunu
@gbougakov Hi, George! I believe it can take a week or so for your app to be reviewed, but I will go ahead and flag this to our support team. If you are planning to submit, please make sure to include a detailed description of how your app works and how you are using each kit. You can also write that you are a part of the Product Hunt Makers Festival in the app description.
George Bougakov
@christine_at_snap Christine, hi! Sorry for misreading your Brand Guidelines :) I’ve resubmitted my app, so if you could ping the Snap Kit support team, that would be really great :)
Christine Sunu
A helpful tip for App Review: It is easier to get approval if you do not use the word "Snap" in your app's name. We want to see your unique brand shine, so avoiding "Snap" or "Snapchat" as words in the name and picking a unique brand color and logo will help a lot!
Kenny Grant
We are working through the next few days on an iOS application for the Makerfest. To confirm, for the submission we'll provide a video that showcases the app, and we can have both Snap and iOS apps under review during our submission.
Aaron O'Leary
Reminder: Submissions close the 14th of November at 11pm PT, hope everyones build is coming along nicely, you also do not need an app store approved app to enter the festival! πŸ‘»
Nathan Green
Where do I link the demo video for the app?