Share your product here to get support, feedback, users (w/c 21 October)

Abadesi
134 replies
Hi Makers! This thread is dedicated to you if you are: (1) launching soon or recently launched (2) looking for beta users (3) asking for feedback on a landing page First, start by helping out another maker. You can check out their launch, give their product a review or share a comment on their launch post. Once you've helped someone else out, share your product link here and BE SPECIFIC about who your target audience is and how we can help. 🙏🏽

Replies

Igor Nefedov
Hey @abadesi on a scale from 1 to 10 , 10 being the worst, how bad is this idea - www.producthunt.com/posts/celebr...
Igor Nefedov
@abadesi @matt_hakimi hey Matt thanks for the feedback, I appreciate that. I scraped a lot of data from imbd.com
Matt Hakimi
@abadesi @igor_nefedov Hi Igor, I think this is actually an awesome product if you market it correctly. I have found myself probably hundreds of times asking myself - who is that famous person?? And this really ate at me. You should try some clever marketing surrounding that idea, I know definitely people in my age group (24 years old) would probably think it's a novel idea and try it out. On a scale of 1 - 10 I give it a 6.5 Also, I'm curious about speaking with you about how you've gathered all this data on celebrities.
Ebrahim-Khalil Hassen
@igor_nefedov so a better question is "how likely are you to bump into a celebrity" - not likely i would say.
John Bauer
@abadesi @igor_nefedov really cool app. Can be very useful to someone. Because some people like me doesn't know many celebrities of different fields. Update the design and it will look more interesting.
Abadesi
@igor_nefedov It's not the kind of app I would use but I'm sure some folks could find a use for it!
Angela Jeffrey
Hey everyone! Myself and my team launched Get Kelvin on Product Hunt last Thursday! We're building a new internet - one rated and curated by humans. With Get Kelvin you can rate and review websites, discover new sites, and organize websites into collections. Here's our link: https://www.producthunt.com/post... I would love to know what features you think we should build next! Thanks in advance! Angela
John Bauer
@angela_jeffrey I found it very useful, you can easily bookmark any webpages. It is similar to pinterest. But i like the design.
Armenui Eganyan
@angela_jeffrey i like the idea a lot! and i have tried the google chrome extension - looks good so far to me=) one comment in terms of how websites are displayed - not always it's obvious what's the website is about, unless there is some info on the screenshot. Good luck with it!
Angela Jeffrey
@john_bauer1 sorry for the late response - I really appreciate the feedback!
Angela Jeffrey
@wilsonbright thanks for the feedback - we're thinking of revamping our category model. It's currently using ML and occasionally mis-categorizes sites which people find frustrating. Now we're thinking to give individuals the option to categorize when they add the site. I'll circle back to you when those changes get implemented and get your feedback!
Angela Jeffrey
@armenuhi_yeganyan so glad to hear you used the chrome extension! This feedback is great as well. We were thinking maybe on hovering we could show a little more info (description, category, top comment etc) - do you think that would be helpful?
Khyati Rathod
Hey, @abadesi thanks for this awesome thread! here's the app - https://play.google.com/store/ap... looking forward for other updates
Lisa Popovici
@khyati_seo How would you describe your app in a single phrase?
Khyati Rathod
@lisapopovici Here, you can convert your KML file into KMZ, GPX, GeoJson, TopoJson, CSV and GPX
Efimov Ivan
Hey Product Hunters! Recently, we successfully launched our Fundy product and this would not have been possible without your support. Thank you! I remind you that Fundy is a great opportunity to narrow the gap between early garage projects and the corporate market by attracting investment. To do this, we have a huge database of more than 10,000 investors. We are still looking for early users, so we have prepared a pleasant surprise for you. Details can be found on the product page. So join in! https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Matt Hakimi
@sicdesign Hi Efimov, as a bootstrapper who just launched my startup, this is very interesting to me as we will need capital to get to a a few milestones. I'm interested in speaking with you to see if I can learn how to best use your platform
Efimov Ivan
@matt_hakimi Using is very simple. There are four types of plans, three of them are paid. There is also a free trial to check if the service is suitable to you. Whichever paid plan you choose, in the database of investors there will be sorting by region, country, first person, and so on. I would recommend that you first try free, and then go to our most balanced and popular Featured plan. I will be glad to answer your other questions.
Lisa Popovici
@sicdesign We've also launched our beta and your app will be very useful in the near future. How often do you guys update it?
Efimov Ivan
@lisapopovici Our list is constantly updated once a month. Perhaps in the future this will happen more often, but for now I recommend that you check our plans. Please tell me, do you have any other questions about Fundy?
MyLe (mee-lay) Goel
@sicdesign Looks great! This is a great research tool for finding investors and creating a target list. It'd be even more valuable if it automatically searched your common connections in all your networks (LinkedIn, Shapr, Facebook, etc.) and included that as part of the results package. So, you could find investors based on your network connections ----> easier to then take action on those connections and get some soft intros.
Enzo Avigo (📊 june.so)
thanks @abadesi for starting this! love it <3 We are product folks who built products for years, and we are just too frustrated with . the current pain of implementing events, and vizualising data. So we decided to fix that! If this is a problem you ever faced we'd love to hear your thoughts on our LP: http://getjune.io 🙌🙌🙌
Daxeel Soni
@abadesi @enzo_avigo Bro this is really amazing and thats the real problem that you are hitting on. Your LP looks decent and clean but I would suggest if you can add small demo video / animation or any creative thing which show the real actions right away on LP. That makes your lP really standing and converting. I hope this helps. :)
Ebrahim-Khalil Hassen
@enzo_avigo I can see the need for this product. The challenge you will have is integrating with the many technologies that are out there. As it is positioned as no-code, maybe focus on Webflow, Carrd or (dare I say it) WordPress. i think you need to check the spelling of marketing (it is Makerting) on your site.
Enzo Avigo (📊 june.so)
@ebrahimkhalil thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it, which marketing typo in particular did I make? 🙏
Ebrahim-Khalil Hassen
@enzo_avigo hi. apologies for the delay in responding. If i remember correctly the word marketing was not spelt correctly.
John Bauer
@abadesi @enzo_avigo Amazing tool, very helpful.
Laurie Hérault
Hey everyone ! First of all thank you @abadesi for this thread. We've been working on gantt.io since the last few months ! We think it's time for us to launch the beta so we can get some feedback on how to improve our product ! ## What is gantt.io The name is self explanatory, we aim to provide an app to easily generate stunning Gantt charts that you can integrate anywhere. ## What can you do We allow to personnalize almost every colors and shapes so you can easily have a gantt that matches your company identity. You can invite other co-worker to work on the same gantt charts as you. ## Who is it for ? Almost anyone? Whether you need to visualize your project timeline for an important client or simply for school project presentation. We focus on easily delivering beautiful Gantt charts, we are not a project manager app. You can register for free here https://beta.gantt.io/ and we'd love to hear from you on how to make our app as pleasing and effective to use as possible. Our mobile version is not ready yet, we highly advise you to use the desktop version PS: By default every account is in the free version if you are interested in the premium version you can send us an email and we can give you an access (modifié)
Ebrahim-Khalil Hassen
@abadesi @laurieherault - I am really curious about this statement "Create a new type of Gantt: the timeline" - what does a timeline gantt look like?
Damon Cortesi
@laurieherault This looks awesome! When making product roadmaps, despite the best advice out there not to timebox things, I frequently looked to gantt charts to help illustrate timelines. And it's tough to build ones that look good! But these look great!
Laurie Hérault
@ebrahimkhalil This is a timeline generate with Gantt.io (Gantt with only milestones on the timeline) : https://ibb.co/JRrjH1n
Laurie Hérault
@dacort Thanks for your comment :) With Gantt.io you can switch dates visibility : Gantt with date for your internal planning and without dates for your public website -> https://ibb.co/vJZJ921
Bobby Schultz
@laurieherault I'd love to see some screenshots of the full UI. There's a lot of text. I've used a lot of online PM/gantt chart tools and how you input and move data is really key to me.
Zakariae FILALI BELHADJ
Hey @abadesi First time here, following the makers journeys trough emails digest I'm launching a beta version of the product I'm working on It's a work in progress but the main features are already there I'm in the phase of looking for beta testers, so I started with some cold emails when I was developing the product, got some positive feedback and suggestions but no beta users Now, I'm trying other channels to get those beta users :D The product is called Backupr, which is help developers and agencies to automate the backup/restoration process of their cloud servers and databases regardless of their hosting provider with an easy-to-use dashboard You website is available here: https://backupr.io I'm open to any kind of feedback, and hopefully some new beta users too :) Thank you, Zakariae
originell
@zakariae_filali_belhadj looks interesting. one thing I could not gather from the website: is the agent and the backup format open source? One of the bad things about backup services is, when the format they use is not open source.
Zakariae FILALI BELHADJ
@originell Thank you, the backup is saved as a `.tar.xz` files that you can download of course from the host you're saving the archive in. The agent is not open source now due to the fact that I'm launching this as an MVP so it contains almost all the logic, but once I have a stable base of users I'll open source it 200% sure. If you're interested to give it a shot, please feel free to register I'll be happy to gather more feedback from you.
originell
@zakariae_filali_belhadj alright. and what are your plans for encryption?
Zakariae FILALI BELHADJ
@originell for the encryption the plan is to go with GPG, but it will be in a second stage of the product, probably after open sourcing the agent, to be honest I stopped the dev currently since I have a stable version cause I need to focus on finding beta users which is a big struggle for me :)
Malik Tauqeer
Hey @abadesi thanks for this awesome thread. Hey Everyone, This is my very first time posting here. We are working on a cloud based meeting + task management application with project management approach. This app will allow small and big teams to organise their meetings and be more productive at making decisions + tracking tasks and SAVE A LOT OF TIME. And I am looking for some beta users to get some feedbacks to improve the features or add new in early stage of development. MOTIVATION: Meeting is very crucial part of Research & Development Process of a Project/Product. Meetings sucks, yes you heard right and you know that better. Teams don't usually pay proper attention to it and lose both time & money due to mismanagement of the meetings and get projects delayed. A meeting requires much more than just sending an email to the team and tell we have meeting @ blah blah time. Meeting should have proper description, agenda (to keep meeting on right track during meeting), pre-meeting task list, attendees, MOM writing & distribution preferences, access rights for team members (read only or write, i.e. who can update agenda list, who can reschedule if needed etc). On top of all previously mentioned points, tracking what was discussed and what to do next and who is going to do what and when to expect that task done. This increases accountability and keeps team on right track. Meeting scheduling and track should be a breeze, not a pain in the butt. How many meetings were scheduled during the development time of the project, during certain week/sprint? How many employees/team members were involved and for how long? Meetings come with a cost of time that is spent on it, so higher management needs to know how many hours of meetings they've done for a particular project and how much it costed them. They also need to know how successful their meetings were and using these insights they can further improve and increase their productivity. WHO CAN GET BENEFIT FROM THIS? Any company or team who do a lot of meetings and need to track all of the information of the meetings can use this application. Early startups, mid and large sized stable companies can get benefit of it and increase their productivity. Teams will be able to do following actions: 1. Add Project (that they are working on, so that they could track meetings + tasks in context of the project). 2. Add team members to the project. 3. Admins will have control over roles and permissions of team members. So that they could restrict certain areas of the application from those members who do not need to interact/access. 4. Team members can schedule meetings. Scheduling a meeting is super simple & easy. User can add agenda of the meeting, pre-meeting checklist for the team members who gonna join the meeting, meeting invitation & rsvp, time and place. Caller of the meeting controls who can edit/change the meeting and much more. Meetings can also be put on hold unless approved by team leads or other member in the hierarchy. 5. Once meeting is finished and MOM is written, gets distributed to all the team from within the application. 6. Recurring Meetings can be added where teams can schedule meeting every day, week, month or custom date and time. 7. Decisions and next actions (Tasks) can be created after the meeting and assign to the team members. Progress of the tasks can be tracked for accountability. Members will have a dashboard where they can see and manage their ongoing tasks and upcoming meetings etc. 8. Feedbacks on meeting can be given after meeting ends to get suggestions/ideas to improve meetings. 9. Meeting Reports, Project Reports, Tasks Reports, Expenses Report will be provided to admins (i.e. CEO, COO etc) so that they could oversee what's going on in the company. 10. Thrid party integration, i.e. Google Calendar, Slack, Trello will be available in later stages. Above are some few features that we gonna have. BUT there's a lot lot more in our feature catalog list. We are currently working on the landing page and it will be live soon. If you're interested in learning more and want early access to the application, you can comment below. For a quick chat/meeting inbox me here or: Skype: tauqeer.skype Email: tauqeer.insta@gmail.com Thanks for reading, looking forward to your positive response.
Malik Tauqeer
We are also facing such challenges within our own team of 45-50 members. So we are trying to solve problem for us and others as well. I am excited about this product and looking forward to people who need this solution to come into existence :) Happy Monday!
Malik Tauqeer
Hey @jamesbroookner do you have any thoughts on this?
John Bauer
Hello Everyone, Recently, one of my clients has launched a WP Paint - Advanced Image Editor plugin for WordPress. Check out: https://www.producthunt.com/post... It has a similar design like photoshop. Well, I'm using this tool for a week now, and I can say that it has quite a list of handy tools and features that are very useful. I'm using this for creating banners for my blogs, customizing images. Please check it out, use it and share your valuable feedback.
originell
@john_bauer1 This is interesting.. but only for wordpress, right? Are there any plans to abstract this further so it does not depend on wordpress?
Ebrahim-Khalil Hassen
@john_bauer1 this is useful ... maybe an idea to have a brand preset that can be applied across your blog (maybe it is in there already?)
John Bauer
@originell thank you. Yes, it's only on WordPress. There is currently no plan to abstract it further. But, well, it's a good idea. I really appreciate it, and we're sure to look into it to make it more flexible where other users can use it as well.
John Bauer
@ebrahimkhalil Yeah, that's right, it's very convenient, It's available in WordPress and you can test it out. Please let me know what you think about it.
Louis Thibault
Hi Everyone! Big thanks to @abadesi, the last time I posted on this thread we got some amazing DM feedback which has now been implemented. We've made several updates to our landing page to make our new product as clear as possible, but we are always on the lookout for further feedback on both the product and the landing page itself. Just a quick update, the landing page is almost finish but the demos still need some work before they are fully operational.. don't don't be surprised if they don't work yet. You can find our landing page at https://bespoke.app/. We are in the home stretch before our launch at the end of the month but you can follow our ship page at https://www.producthunt.com/upco...
originell
@louisthibault87 for some weird reason the content on the website doesn't load for me. firefox 70, ad blockers deactivated. Javascript console says " SyntaxError: invalid regexp group"
Louis Thibault
@originell Thanks for the feedback -- much appreciated! I just noticed this issue too. It should be fixed in the next few hours. Thanks for your patience :)
Gopal Kildoliya
Thanks @abadesi With help of your last thread and IH community, https://mondaymetrics.com now have 10+ beta users. MondayMetrics helps you to track your basic social media metrics and sends you email every Monday morning. It can help you to save up to 4 hours per month that you spend checking your social media metrics. I would like to have more users to try it and give some feedback. I am trying to launch it very soon. Thanks PH
Ebrahim-Khalil Hassen
@gopalkildoliya - i think many people do not check there social media stats 'cos they are too busy. so maybe test that angle - instead of saying "save 4 hours per week" , rather say "get your social media stats transform your business ". or something like that. i like the idea of this single purpose app, good luck
Gopal Kildoliya
@ebrahimkhalil Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try this.
Jean-Philippe FONG
Hello everyone, I'm building Docpool to easily build file upload form pages so you can receive documents from your clients. Uploaded files go straight to a folder of your Google Drive https://www.docpool.io
originell
@jean_philippe_fong small input: this would be amazing as an on-premise solution to honor GDPR requirements.
Jean-Philippe FONG
@originell Thanks for your reply! Seems interesting, I'm not in Europe so I'm curious to hear more about that :)
originell
@jean_philippe_fong there are a ton of videos and articles spread around the net about that. (e.g. https://www.zdnet.com/article/gd... and some youtube videos) in a really very short and only exemplary summary: let's say you are using Google Analytics. GDPR dictates that before you can track any visitor with GA, they have to give you their explicit consent. relating this to your project: let's say client A wants to send me a spreadsheet containing information about users… like email adresses for a newsletter subscription. It's a huge file, so they can't send it via Email. They use Dropbox. _However_, GDPR dictates that you are not allowed to give user information to a third-party without prior user consent. Theoretically this even affects the case where you upload an encrypted spreadsheet onto dropbox. Hence, some companies have started setting up small file upload services for their clients on dedicated servers in datacenters, so this data is not passed over any third party (dropbox, wetransfer,…). However, most I've encountered are home-grown solutions that are not that sexy
Michael Gunnulfsen
Heeey folks! Michael here, I'm building Shift: A fitness app for listening to a podcasts while resting between sets, and music while lifting 👉 https://www.shiftfm.app/ I started building it last year when I realised how much time you actually spend resting, and how perfect it is to listen to a podcast in between sets/work. Most people say didn't realise how nice it works until they tried it at the gym. I cannot tell you enough how much I'd appreciate it if you wanna give it a go the next time you workout 🙏🙏 Cheers!
James Reilly
@michaelgunnulf This combines 2 of my favourite things. The one thing I'd be concerned about is if this will be a jarring experience getting cut off from an interesting podcast because it's time to workout again. I do circuit training so my rest time is only about 2 times a workout session so not sure I'm the best person to try. What would also be cool is to listen to meditation podcasts, box breathing exercises, etc
Michael Gunnulfsen
@james_reilly awesome feedback! You bring up a fair point. We do rewind the podcast back a few seconds when u shift, to cope with the issue of being cut off in the middle. But it can still be annoying to some I guess!
Mariusz Szyma
Hey @abadesi, I've recently launched https://theremotepm.substack.com/, a curated newsletter with remote product manager jobs. I would love to get feedback on it. Here's the PH link https://www.producthunt.com/post... (could not link it via !product) I want to help PMs find remote opportunities and somehow monetize that in the future. Thanks Mariusz
Ebrahim-Khalil Hassen
@donmario - i think this needs educational content. i am speaking from exeprience here, i tried a curated jobs newsletter and one of the lessons i learned - users want educational content maybe more than the opportunity itself. e.g. writing a CV, taking the interview, signing a contract etc. btw, substacks looks like a product that solves all issues for a paid newsletter - i did not know that until now.
Armenui Eganyan
Hey everyone! Shout out to @abadesi for this thread=) My team launched a few weeks ago an update of our platform 10Web 2.0 for building, hosting beautiful and super fast websites https://www.producthunt.com/post... With the update any WP site built with our platform get 95+ Google PageSpeed Score be default. Right now we test the technology, collect feedback on how it works. So if you guys have WP site you'd like to see with higher speed score, just let me know - we can create a copy of it on our platform and send you the link so you can test it. Armenuhi
Ebrahim-Khalil Hassen
@abadesi @armenuhi_yeganyan i find the idea of guaranteed speed so enticing. i however found the website a bit confusing 'cos there is so much on the site and so many different options. maybe try to combine the offerings into packages.
Armenui Eganyan
@ebrahimkhalil thank you! i was just thinking about it=)
Lluís Ventura
Hi all! Thank you @abadesi for this thread! This is Lluís! We know how frustrating is to feel that there are too many unproductive meetings during your week. With Comeet.me you can provide and receive feedback after each meeting in less than 5 seconds. A simple tool, 100% integrated in GCalendar, that allows everyone involved to have a voice on the quality of their meetings time. https://www.comeet.me We are looking for betausers that resonate with the meeting crazyness and can provide us feedback! Thanks! :)
Ebrahim-Khalil Hassen
@abadesi @lluis_m_ventura is the feedback anonymous? 'cos meetings is often equal to hierachy
Lluís Ventura
@abadesi @ebrahimkhalil Yes, feedback is anonymous, just to avoid the hierarchy. Apart form that, you can only see what others anonymously voted or commented if you rate the meeting. This way we assure people can express and value what they think, so it is more useful
heleenarits
Wooo! Thank you @abadesi for this thread! And hello once again, Product Hunters! I am Heleen and roughly a week ago I launched "Spacehuntr" on Product Hunt. Spacehuntr empowers businesses to discover, compare and book the most unique spaces to Work, Play & Stay through its online platform in only a fraction of time. The best part? A true 360-degree service covering: - Work: Meetings, Conferences, etc. - Play: Private Dinners, Afterworks, Bars - Stay: Hotels, B&Bs We are currently active in Brussels, Amsterdam, Berlin & Paris and so ready to conquer the rest of the world! - Want to know more? Don't hesitate to take a look here: https://www.producthunt.com/post... - Really can't wait anymore? Check out all of our unique spaces on our website: https://www.spacehuntr.com/ Don't hesitate to contact me if you would have any questions! Hope to 'host' you soon and have a great day! :) Heleen
Ebrahim-Khalil Hassen
@heleen - if i were hosting an event would i be able to get proposals from the different venues on your site?
heleenarits
@ebrahimkhalil Hey! Yes of course! You can submit a request for as many as you would like for comparison. We will then get in touch with all selected venues and provide you with full information on each of them!
Ebrahim-Khalil Hassen
@heleen - wonderful. a suggestion - you should consider highlighting this service more prominently on your website.
alberto montalesi
I wrote a JavaScript book which is available to read for free on Github, this is the link https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Pedro Marques
Hey everyone! We're soon launching Tangerine, a new habit and mood tracking app and we're looking for beta testers (first private beta is expected in 2-3 weeks!). Here's our landing page if you want to check us out: https://tangerine.app/. We'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback on the concept and we'd be thrilled if you sign up to be a beta tester and early user :)
Neil Wainwright
@marques_ph Oh cool. We're working on a habit tool too, but of completely different type actually. Working on a personal CRM called UpHabit (www.uphabit.com) that helps you build better relationships. Kinda like helping you get used to reaching out to others more frequently. It's always interesting looking at habit tracking apps as any new improvement someone wants in their life requires it to be a habit in general. I'm going to check Tangerine out!
Pedro Marques
@neilwainwright that’s nice! :) agree with what you said and will definitely check UpHabit out!
Dragos Grozavu
@abadesi, thanks for the opportunity! We're building www.probilly.com - a SaaS software that automates time-tracking for lawyers, by recording the time they spend on emails, meetings, and documents. If you're in the legal business, you can sign-up directly on the website and I will personally onboard you once we're launching. From non-legal peeps, it would be great to hear your thoughts on the website and on the problem we're solving. Thanks a lot! Dragos
Allison Nguyen
@dragos_grozavu Definitely agree with you that the legal field needs a total revamp with technology. However, have a lot of lawyer friends and they mention that there's an advantage to the current time-tracking practice in overcharging clients. So wondering how your product handles the trade-off between cost-savings to potential earnings for law firms. Think the problem is more for the client than the actual lawyers.