What are the key parameters you look at when booking flights, trains or buses?

Vikas Raj Yadav
9 replies
Hey guys, I've been working on something in travel and I would love to know what you guys looked into while booking. It could be anything so don't hesitate to write.

Replies

Jonas Bärtsch
1. Airline 2. Flight duration 3. Stopovers 4. Nearby airports 5. Could I substitute ✈ > 🚆 6. Cost of surfboard transportation What are you working on?
Vikas Raj Yadav
@jonas_bartsch It's for an app that I'm working on. I'm contributing to the trains.
Rishi Gaurav Bhatnagar
Usually the following: 1. Time it takes 2. Time it starts and whether I'll get sleep + If i'll have to take an off. 3. Cost (after considering 1,2) 4. If Costs are too high, optimise for either 1 or 2. 5. If that still doesn't work out, buy the cheapest ticket + plan a day/time to recoup. All of this goes out for a toss if there is a +1 or family involved. Then we just optimise for everyone's convenience.
Dance Azmanova
The time between plane departures. I've had a lot of situations when my flights were late. Sometimes this can make things messy (especially if you are in a hurry) :/
Dani Whitehead
Price, time it takes, whether there are any changes (prefer direct), time of day, ease of getting to the departure point, if it's an airline - their policy on luggage And because your question made this pop into my head - have you heard about the airline that helps travellers to avoid being sat next to screaming babies? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/busin...
Vikas Raj Yadav
@dani_whitehead Yes, I've faced. They look cute until they start crying 🥺 loudly. The article though was really helpful. Thanks for the response.
Vickram Halan
I consider the below parameters every time I travel: 1. Timing and travel duration 2. Route 3. Reviews 4. Cost of the ticket
Vikas Raj Yadav
@iamvickram Thanks man, I really appreciate your response.