What are the key parameters you look at when booking flights, trains or buses?

Vikas Raj Yadav
9 replies
Hey guys, I've been working on something in travel and I would love to know what you guys looked into while booking. It could be anything so don't hesitate to write.

Replies

Rishi Gaurav Bhatnagar
Usually the following: 1. Time it takes 2. Time it starts and whether I'll get sleep + If i'll have to take an off. 3. Cost (after considering 1,2) 4. If Costs are too high, optimise for either 1 or 2. 5. If that still doesn't work out, buy the cheapest ticket + plan a day/time to recoup. All of this goes out for a toss if there is a +1 or family involved. Then we just optimise for everyone's convenience.
Jonas Bärtsch
1. Airline 2. Flight duration 3. Stopovers 4. Nearby airports 5. Could I substitute ✈ > 🚆 6. Cost of surfboard transportation What are you working on?
Dance Azmanova
The time between plane departures. I've had a lot of situations when my flights were late. Sometimes this can make things messy (especially if you are in a hurry) :/
Dani Whitehead
Price, time it takes, whether there are any changes (prefer direct), time of day, ease of getting to the departure point, if it's an airline - their policy on luggage And because your question made this pop into my head - have you heard about the airline that helps travellers to avoid being sat next to screaming babies? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/busin...
Vikas Raj Yadav
@dani_whitehead Yes, I've faced. They look cute until they start crying 🥺 loudly. The article though was really helpful. Thanks for the response.
Vickram Halan
I consider the below parameters every time I travel: 1. Timing and travel duration 2. Route 3. Reviews 4. Cost of the ticket