Do you commute to work?

Greg Kopyltsov
11 replies
What is your commute like? Do you drive? If so, what do you do in the car? I currently drive to work and I find it incredibly unproductive

Replies

Sarah Loertscher
I do, and it's a long one - about an hour. But it's beautiful, and I use it to listen to podcasts and catch up on the news. It gives me time to explore ideas and current events that I wouldn't otherwise
Greg Kopyltsov
@sarahloertscher you make that sound so blissful :) do you use spotify for discovering / listening to podcasts or something else?
Sarah Loertscher
@gregkop haha well I used to live in a city where the commute was stressful and not fun, so driving through some lovely mountain scenery is pretty cool in my book. I use Apple podcasts just because I always have, no real reason other than that. There are a couple podcast publishing houses (?) that I like - Radiotopia, Gimlet - which is a good way of finding new ones. And podcasts often seem to cross-pollinate by sharing other podcast episodes every once in a while, which is another way I find new things to listen to.
Ryan Hoover
I WFH primarily but drive to Philz early in the morning before traffic spikes. Fortunately it's only ~10 mins, but my best travel tip is to find a podcast you enjoy.
Greg Kopyltsov
@rrhoover thanks! any podcasts you would recommend? also, whats your podcast platform of choice?
Greg Kopyltsov
@rrhoover thanks for sharing! Breaker seems like an interesting take on a podcast app, have not come across it before
Lisa Popovici
I do, but it takes around 20 minutes, time I choose to learn and listen to podcasts.
Greg Kopyltsov
@lisapopovici sounds like podcasts is the way to go, any favorites you'd recommend? do you listen on spotify or elswhere?
Lisa Popovici
@gregkop I listen on apple podcasts, my favourites are: How i built this, Masters of scale and Acquired
Greg Kopyltsov
@lisapopovici will check those out, thanks for sharing!