Let's celebrate our wins! Share some of your positive news here.

Aaron O'Leary
42 replies
Hi Makers! We spend a lot of time focused on problems and obstacles, but research shows that there are benefits to acknowledging our achievements and celebrating our wins -- no matter how small. So let's use this discussion to share something we've done recently that feels like a positive. It may be something that happened in work life or personal life. Mine is that I recently accidentally adopted a stray cat, she's been a lovely addition to our house so far. 😸

Replies

Albert S.
We got 150 subscribers as of today! Super excited to see if we can get more once we officially launch
Albert S.
@emilie_murphy1 - Thank you so much! Every sub and vote counts :)
Emilie Murphy
@albert_somlith Congrats! I just subscribed too - looking forward to seeing the launch! Good luck :)
Aaron O'Leary
@albert_somlith Thats a fantastic milestone, the first 100 is always tough! well done!
Abadesi
Love this! I recently found out someone I mentored has landed their dream job and I'm really happy for them as they spent a long time looking for something with no luck. So happy their dedication has finally paid off.
Ryan Hoover
Did you decide on a name for the cat, @aaronoleary? As for positive news, one of my good friends is getting married this weekend after 9 years with his partner. I'm super happy for them and excited to see them in LA this weekend. πŸ’ƒπŸΌ
Aaron O'Leary
@rrhoover Think I am going with omelette! Aw great! Thats fantastic news! Makes me think it might be time for me to consider asking the Q
Andrew Tye
My sister came to see me for my birthday...was nice to have a little break from working πŸŽ‰
Abadesi
@awt sounds lovely!
Jonathan Yagel
My wife is a travel nurse and just landed a 3-month gig in the Virgin Islands, starting in November! We're so excited! 🏝
Jonathan Yagel
@abadesi Beach-side remote work... that's the dream! Here's to hoping I can find some places with fast wifi πŸ˜„
Jonathan Yagel
@aaronoleary Totally agree. The fact that she's literally saving lives every day helps me to put the challenges I'm facing into context.
Abadesi
@jwby wow you're going to be living in Paradise!
Aaron O'Leary
@jwby Congrats to you both! My girlfriend is a nurse, the work they do is beyond heroic!
Emilie Murphy
This is a great post! @aaronoleary We also adopted an abandoned cat a few months ago! Feels good to do something for an animal in need and give them much-needed love. As for other things in personal life - I'm expecting my first baby and moving to a new home this week (with the cat) and planning my first PH launch πŸ˜ΈπŸŽ‰
Jen ✏️
I made this post on a whim on Friday and it's gone viral! Or at least in my terms and I love the discussion that it's opened up about making & buying new supplies. :) https://www.facebook.com/craftic...
Piotr Bartoszek
I exceeded 200 products added manually to Owwly 2.0 πŸŽ‰
David Hallberg JΓΆnsson
I managed to find time to work on my project all throughout last week, while still keeping up with work and all other of life's responsibilities in a satisfying way. And - it's still super fun to work at, even though I'm well past the phase where I usually lose interest in my personal projects!
Abadesi
@dvdhllbrg how did you manage to be so productive? Very impressive.
David Hallberg JΓΆnsson
@abadesi Thanks. πŸ™Œ I'm not really sure what the key was, I think it's a bit of a combination beteeen managing to cut down digital distractions and really enjoying the project putting me into a great flow. Fingers crossed that it lasts!
Blair Fast
I turned Slack notifications off all weekend for Canadian Thanksgiving (not an easy feat for me!) and spent some amazing quality time with the family :).
Abadesi
@blair_fast sounds wonderful! Great job enforcing boundaries πŸ’ͺ
Rebecca DeForest
I secured a drop shipper for a new CBD ecommerce website I am currently building!!
Ilana MilkEs
I am flying to London for the 1st time this weekend to attend One Young WorldΒ΄s conference next week! Anyone around?!
Brian Watson
Pushed out stumbleapod.com MVP today =) and wrote a little medium post about it =) woot woot!
Sean Herman
My daughter just turned 9 this week. Events like this are great reminders that as much as there is to do as a founder, being a father and spending time with my family is the most important job there is!
KachurMTB 777
I finally saved up money for vacation, and went to the sea)