Let's celebrate our wins! Share some of your positive news here.

Aaron O'Leary
42 replies
Hi Makers! We spend a lot of time focused on problems and obstacles, but research shows that there are benefits to acknowledging our achievements and celebrating our wins -- no matter how small. So let's use this discussion to share something we've done recently that feels like a positive. It may be something that happened in work life or personal life. Mine is that I recently accidentally adopted a stray cat, she's been a lovely addition to our house so far. 😸

Replies

Abadesi
Love this! I recently found out someone I mentored has landed their dream job and I'm really happy for them as they spent a long time looking for something with no luck. So happy their dedication has finally paid off.
Ryan Hoover
Did you decide on a name for the cat, @aaronoleary? As for positive news, one of my good friends is getting married this weekend after 9 years with his partner. I'm super happy for them and excited to see them in LA this weekend. πŸ’ƒπŸΌ
Aaron O'Leary
@rrhoover Think I am going with omelette! Aw great! Thats fantastic news! Makes me think it might be time for me to consider asking the Q
Albert S.
We got 150 subscribers as of today! Super excited to see if we can get more once we officially launch
Andrew Tye
My sister came to see me for my birthday...was nice to have a little break from working πŸŽ‰
Jonathan Yagel
My wife is a travel nurse and just landed a 3-month gig in the Virgin Islands, starting in November! We're so excited! 🏝
Jonathan Yagel
@abadesi Beach-side remote work... that's the dream! Here's to hoping I can find some places with fast wifi πŸ˜„
Jonathan Yagel
@aaronoleary Totally agree. The fact that she's literally saving lives every day helps me to put the challenges I'm facing into context.
Emilie Murphy
This is a great post! @aaronoleary We also adopted an abandoned cat a few months ago! Feels good to do something for an animal in need and give them much-needed love. As for other things in personal life - I'm expecting my first baby and moving to a new home this week (with the cat) and planning my first PH launch πŸ˜ΈπŸŽ‰
Jen ✏️
I made this post on a whim on Friday and it's gone viral! Or at least in my terms and I love the discussion that it's opened up about making & buying new supplies. :) https://www.facebook.com/craftic...
Piotr Bartoszek
I exceeded 200 products added manually to Owwly 2.0 πŸŽ‰
David Hallberg JΓΆnsson
I managed to find time to work on my project all throughout last week, while still keeping up with work and all other of life's responsibilities in a satisfying way. And - it's still super fun to work at, even though I'm well past the phase where I usually lose interest in my personal projects!
Abadesi
@dvdhllbrg how did you manage to be so productive? Very impressive.
David Hallberg JΓΆnsson
@abadesi Thanks. πŸ™Œ I'm not really sure what the key was, I think it's a bit of a combination beteeen managing to cut down digital distractions and really enjoying the project putting me into a great flow. Fingers crossed that it lasts!
Blair Fast
I turned Slack notifications off all weekend for Canadian Thanksgiving (not an easy feat for me!) and spent some amazing quality time with the family :).
Rebecca DeForest
I secured a drop shipper for a new CBD ecommerce website I am currently building!!
Ilana MilkEs
I am flying to London for the 1st time this weekend to attend One Young WorldΒ΄s conference next week! Anyone around?!
Brian Watson
Pushed out stumbleapod.com MVP today =) and wrote a little medium post about it =) woot woot!
Marisa Paramita
I finally brave enough to post my first ever medium post! https://medium.com/@olive_gives/...
Sean Herman
My daughter just turned 9 this week. Events like this are great reminders that as much as there is to do as a founder, being a father and spending time with my family is the most important job there is!
KachurMTB 777
I finally saved up money for vacation, and went to the sea)