What tactics do you use to grow your product's audience?

Wei Chun
5 replies
What do you do to growth hack your project? Do you go offline and approach users/firms to sign up? Or do you adopt guerilla marketing to go viral? I'm trying to build a design agency and here's what I do. 1) Produce both visual and written content for instagram and website. 2) Engage sites such as reddit, product hunt and indiehacker to look for potential clients 3) Look up jobs portal and contact companies that are looking for designers. So, what are your growth hacking strategies? Do include your project and a link to your website!

Replies

Rishi Gaurav Bhatnagar
Hi Wei! What you are doing looks pretty good. Tried the same thing for a product I am working on. Google ads has shown the most promise out of methods. I just want to give you heads up with somethings that you should be careful about and my observations: 1. Instagram: you may get traffic but it may not relevant. They very rarely convert. 2. Website: you may not get a lot of traffic at all, primarily because of google rankings. 3. The growth needs to be well defined - is it for brand awareness, for conversions or for referrals and retention? I missed this clear definition and all efforts ended up being severely diluted. 4. Reddit: Great for feedback, but conversions are very slow and limited. If you advertise, they seem to go against the product completely. Very different mindset. Happy to chat if you have any questions.
Rishi Gaurav Bhatnagar
@chew_wei_chun All the best man! If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Wei Chun
@rishigb Instagram is definitely tough to convert. It's more for social credibility. We have had success on reddit but competition is tough in the design space when people are offering $5 logos on Fiverr. We live by Gary Vee's 'Jab Jab Jab Right Hook' which is essentially giving out content and engaging the community to build a relationship that hopefully will convert in the near future.
Wei Chun
@rishigb Sure! Btw, what's your speciality? Or you are a master of all trades?
Rishi Gaurav Bhatnagar
@chew_wei_chun That's a good question. Speciality is probably in tangibilizing ideas/concepts. And I do bits of everything it takes to get there :) You can read a bit about this here: www.rishigb.me