Are you considered a night owl or early bird when it comes to personal productivity?

impawuniverse
21 replies
Are you considered a night owl or early bird when focusing on your personal projects, especially for those of you with traditional 9-to-5 workday jobs? There are those who are exhausted into the office every morning, while the early bird finds bursts of energy much earlier on For me I'm a special breed...overall I'm a night owl during the weeknights, and typically loves to be early riser on the weekends feeling there's a whole day ahead of me. That speaks to when I'll be online at Product Hunt as well. What about you?

Replies

ABicycleRide
I always want to be on both sides on the chasm... Working late until I can't take it anymore or into I solve a problem I'm working on, then I'll go to sleep but be up again before any alarm clock has any chance to, often so early that I make myself coffee in the darkness before the sun rises up. I love it. But when needed, I'll always choose "early" instead of "late" because it's more productive and best for mind and body I think.
impawuniverse
@headbike Okay that I do agree lol, multiple factors at play here. Though I also believe we humans are creatures of habit and will have a tendency to lean towards a certain preference over the other, when given a chance and a choice :) Still, we're also creatures of adaptability due to our evolutional desires to change for the better...so haha...nothing is set in stone, we all have the potential to be something greater than our present self, in the future time!
impawuniverse
@headbike I can relate to how you feel about productivity and time of the day lol~ I do like to wake up early if possible, usually during the weekends, when I know I can work on my artwork without having to go to regular work. Though I admire that you can wake up BEFORE the sun comes up...lol...5am is too early for me!!! :P
ABicycleRide
@i_m_paw Well, I don't think these things are set in stone anyway. We can change our behavior multiple times in a lifetime. I wasn't like that when I was young like you. And not only age is a factor, but your environment, challenges, desires and many other things can make you adopt (adapt?) new attitudes, preferences, routines.
impawuniverse
For me I'm a special breed...I'm notorious for midnight hooting and working away on my artwork during the weeknights, and wakes up earlier than my pet lovebird Goldie during the weekends and holidays. Am I the abnormal one here or are there others who functions like I do as well? :)
impawuniverse
@ben_ames Lol...sometimes I wonder how my body handles the irregular sleep patterns! In the ideal world I'd love to be an early riser, but in reality every morning...the alarm clock's snooze button and I had been the best of friends haha~
impawuniverse
@ben_ames Except if it's snooze button on iphone...lol...it reminds every 10 mins to wake up...that's how I roll every morning :P
Ben Ames
@i_m_paw that's wild and doesn't make sense. But I'm also jealous
Ben Ames
@i_m_paw Snooze button always wins!
Ryzal Yusoff 🇬🇧🇲🇾
I'm a little bit of both. But I like to be productive more in the morning :)
impawuniverse
@ryzalyusoff I hear you...I would love to be productive in the morning/daytime. Although my regular 8:30am-4:30pm job keeps me from having the ability to spend time on my artworks. Plus my pet lovebird loves to play during daytime...late evening hours will be when my little pet friend will not be on my shoulders and interrupting me from my art creations lol~
yalandahop
it's 6am in Seattle, what do you think I am? 😴😂
impawuniverse
@yalandahop1 Hahah....early riser...hey...same time zone...I'm further up North from your location lol~ Yeah...still I have to say....6am usually I'm still in bed sleeping! Lol~ Awesome to know you're an early riser though. I guess I'm not motivated enough to wake up so early when I sleep 1am or 2am in the morning :P
Roman Tesliuk
I can barely live life in the morning :D
impawuniverse
@roman_tesliuk Haha...can't help but ask...how early is "morning" for you when you roll off the bed :) lol!
impawuniverse
@roman_tesliuk Haha...okay by those hours I agree...it's early but not super early hours. I actually wake up during that time myself too, for me, the thought of sleeping in until at least 9am is always very appealing lol...reserved mostly for weekends lol!
Roman Tesliuk
@i_m_paw not too early for most people, 7:30-8am :D
Vladimir Kusnezow
Early Bird in winter, Night Owl in summer
impawuniverse
@vladimirkusnezo Oh that's so interesting...that your waking up/sleep preference alters by season! I'm curious...to your rationale! :) Please do share~
Vladimir Kusnezow
@i_m_paw I can concenrate way better in the dark hours and get way easier to deep work in the dark hours. So I stand up early in winter and got more then half of my workday done before the sun rises. In summer it gets bright often before 6 a.m. so I rather enjoy my day, enjoy the sunny hours and get to work when it starts to get darker. :-)
impawuniverse
@vladimirkusnezo Hahah...I see, it makes sense...I guess we are creatures who are naturally born curious, and enjoy the wonders of the world. Simple appreciation such as a sunny day...while it's a luxury in some cities it is certainly not as much in others...take Vancouver for instance, where I am from, or aka. Raincouver lol...been raining from last week into this week...taking out my evening sunset walk enjoyment!!! :P