I Need Help ☹

Melkamsira Antehun
12 replies
We set a deadline to test if our idea will work or not and then make it work as a company. Its been a month since we start looking for customers for www.devmatch.co but we did not found one yet. So we set a deadline to try for one more month and then we will cloth it. If you guys have any idea how can we get a customer and survive please say something.

Replies

Andrew Mole
Hey! It's a great idea, but maybe the execution needs a little work? I.e. the copy on the site is maybe a little formal, etc - how have you tried to find customers so far?
Melkamsira Antehun
@andrew_mole "maybe the execution needs a little work?" can you may be suggest some points. and am searching on other job posting website...
Andrew Mole
@melkamsira_antehun I principally meant the initial experience a user has when landing - the copy, for example, is quite formal and not necessarily explanatory enough when landing on the site (it seems to be more ethos-driven than mission-driven i.e. what this actually is). Is it translated? The site itself needs some tweaking (in particular, the footer isn't well designed (copy and paste for contact email)) as it gives the wrong impression when you are selling development services via a site that itself isn't amazingly well built. This is the kind of thing that I mean by execution. Beyond this, case studies, clients pages, testimonials etc will help. Look at the site as if you are a customer and see what you feel you would look for.
Abadesi
Tell us what your customers have said when you've asked them for feedback? At a glance I don't think I'd use this product to find a developer because I have no way to ascertain the quality, there's no social proof or testimonials. I'd also be unlikely to go here first when I could go on communities like dev.to or even Twitter to find engineers.
Melkamsira Antehun
@abadesi you are right because we are just starting. But we can offer a guarantee for the first week to work for free if the customer is not satisfied. After the first week the customer can decide to continue and pay us, or leave without pay. Maybe if you have other suggestions, how we could do it, given that we are a young business we could use some ideas.
Drew Dunn
So what exactly are you looking for? A customer?
Drew Dunn
@melkamsira_antehun How did everything keep going? Were you able to get more traction?
Melkamsira Antehun
@drew_dunn1 We did get customers and our deadline is soon. we make a profile for each developers and we are ready to present them but no customer still.