Did you experience any sales downturn in the last month? 🤔

Elen Udovichenko
22 replies
I personally don't know any business that hasn't been affected. Many are struggling to make ends meet because of significant sales downturn. Sadly, that is the reality we have to live in. How are you holding on? What measures did you take to boost your sales? For example, there's a bunch of adjustments to our sales strategy we've made at Reply, including: - Changing our sales communications to address the challenges our prospects are currently facing. Namely, we’ve updated our value proposition to offer a perfect solution for online sales engagement (that works great for remote teams thanks for collaboration features). - Building and nurturing relationships with the prospects rather than aggressively selling. Right now we're more focused on creating and sharing useful content aimed to help our prospects fight typical problems related to crisis (both sales and business in general). - Adding new products to offer extra value to the prospects. For example, we’ve just launched our new unlimited email search tool https://www.producthunt.com/post... to help businesses fight the sales downturn. As for the latter, I'm proud to say that it's by far the best email finder tool out there with up to 95% accuracy rate! Also, in an effort to help fellow sales teams out there struggling to keep your sales up in these trying times, we're giving this tool away for free 🥳 I'd love to hear what you're up to - share your tactics and hacks to drive sales despite the crisis 🌪

Replies

Aaron Brando
Our supply chains have been disrupted by factory closures, and customer demands will take time to recover, it's gonna last a long time... What a sad 2020
Elen Udovichenko
@aaronbrando couldn't agree more! The only way to survive is to adjust to the new reality - and that is lot easier for consumers than for most businesses
Elen Udovichenko
@aaronbrando so sorry to hear that :( This crisis is a lot easier on the online businesses, right?
Aaron Brando
@elen_u yes, businesses reliant on more traditional models all fight for survival, while online business gains a lot, even after the health crisis is over. it's not easy to change consumer behavior...
Elen Udovichenko
How is your sales team doing right now?
30 Answers
Edward Miller
I experienced downturn in Amz but then I decided to use next level ninjas and everything has changed.
Elen Udovichenko
@edward_miller4 I'm glad to hear that you've found a way to fight through the crisis :)
Jason Torion
Yeah... I currently work in higher education and tbh we've seen better days.
Matthew Snyder
Had to refund 7 months of event pre-registration ☠️
Elen Udovichenko
@matthew_snyder that sucks! I know many events are going online - wasn't that an option for you?
Matthew Snyder
@elen_u We built a platform to simplify creating and managing location-based gaming events. We are partnered with our local school district, recreation department, and an association to create an esports framework for local, live, events. Unfortunately, the city and school district wants to wait until social distancing is lifted to proceed with the esports leagues. We had an investor renege a term sheet. We just, in the past few minutes, found a way forward with a homeowners association management company to create family vs family and neighborhood vs neighborhood gaming leagues. How is everything going for you?
Elen Udovichenko
@matthew_snyder Wow! that an amazing idea - glad that you've found a solution and I hope it all works out! :) As for us, we're originally an online business - so it hasn't been as tough on us as most offline businesses. However, we're also experiencing certain downturn in sales already. And it is totally understandable - people prefer monthly subscriptions to long-term commitment because of uncertainty (and budget cuts), some deals are put on hold. At the same time, we see many businesses switching to our product as a cost-effective alternative to more popular but pricey providers or trying to optimize their sales processes despite the layoffs. So, there's always an opportunity in every challenge :) Hopefully, we will come out of this crisis more resilient and strong than ever!
Matthew Snyder
@elen_u Thanks! I am happy to have found a scalable way forward quickly, but I reckon it is from the overwhelming amount of time, preparation, and work the team has put into Mainstage since we started! Being a startup during this period of chaos has just as many advantages as disadvantages, in my opinion. Much easier to stay scrappy!
Azhan Rashid
Yeah sort of but not much as I thought. I had a few more sign ups but nothing to extreme.
Wit Sumathavanit
My main company was a travel business, that went absolute zero since the pandemic started. So there's that. Gave me a opportunity to learn No-Code and jump back into learning startupping by startupping though. Interesting times.
Elen Udovichenko
@wit_s_doubleu_ true, the impact on the travel businesses is the worst :( Although, I'm happy to hear that you've found an opportunity to start over! Good luck!
Samantha Robinson
I have heard so many people tell me that they are doing great on Amazon and IDK how. So I think its the market maybe that customers are buying in...
Sofia Alvarez
las empresas que dependen de modelos más tradicionales luchan por la supervivencia, mientras que los negocios en línea ganan mucho, incluso después de que la crisis de salud haya terminado. no es fácil cambiar el comportamiento del consumidor ...
Sofia Alvarez
las empresas que dependen de modelos más tradicionales luchan por la supervivencia, mientras que los negocios en línea ganan mucho, incluso después de que la crisis de salud haya terminado. no es fácil cambiar el comportamiento del consumidor
Reviews on Top
Well Yes! Lockdown has really slower the rate of orders. Factory shut downs have actually limited the production as well.