Name the first app you open on your phone in the morning

Abadesi
77 replies
Mine is Simple Habit. I keep my phone on DND and airplane mode when I sleep and then turn on wi-fi so I can meditate before anything else. What's the first app you open on your phone in the morning?

Replies

Jessica Tedrick
Instagram. I'm trying to change this though. If I'm being good, I turn my alarm off and don't check anything online until after I'm done running through my morning routine. Then I can scroll through what I want while I eat breakfast. It's a work in progress for sure and sometimes I wonder if it would be easier if I got an alarm clock instead of using the one on my phone.
Lanre Akinyemi
@jessica_tedrick I turned off all social notifications and I find it makes it easier to not check it! Side effect is that I miss all the DM's!
Amrith
Twitter ๐Ÿ˜…
Gary Arthur
@ryzalyusoff hello ๐Ÿ‘‹ I see a green plant on your profile so it got me thinking ๐Ÿค” How would you like to earn from CBD without having to come in contact with the actual product while dealing?
Syed Athaulla
Gmail is always first.
Dan Edwards
Usually iMessage to send a morning message to my fiancรฉ, as she leaves for work early in the morning while I'm still ๐Ÿ˜ด
Gary Arthur
I open my ForbesCapital wallet and blockchain wallet app first thing every morning to keep an eye on my earnings ๐Ÿ™‚
Lanre Akinyemi
WhatsApp - I have a distributed family and have to catch up on all the overnight banter that I may have missed
NB
60% of the time my daily devotion & journaling, the other 40% social media, emails, text...whomp whomp lol.... I've recently started putting my phone on DND / airplane mode during the work day...game changer!!
anthony ware
Right now, it's Kindle to read the Daily Stoic.
Alex Devero
Peak app, brain training.
Wilson Bright
I check the apps I have made. Blocksurvey.org and Cryptoally.io to see if they are working fine. Its a routine manual health check.
Jonathan Berkey
weather app so I know what to wear :)
Graham Gnall
@aaron_westley I have dnd + screen time disable most apps for the period that i am waking up. then i perform my must do habits in streaks before anything else.
Abadesi
@aaron_westley @ggnall this is a smart technique. The first moments of my day I also don't like interference from the outside world, not until I've done my meditation or practiced gratitude.
EH
Mine is the Stocks app because I'm financially irresponsible and enjoy trading equities around significant geopolitical events ๐Ÿ˜… It's a terrible habit because literally the first thing I see is usually a bright red box telling me how much money I've lost.
Abadesi
@eve_hammond oh wow sounds intense !! quite a rollercoaster?!
Cayetano Gil
First of all would be a quick glance at the notifications center and see if something stands out ๐Ÿšจ Otherwise, the weather app.
Abadesi
@cayetanogil ah yes the Weather app! I check that, too