Who else enjoys not automating tasks?

Swaathi Kakarla
4 replies
I love manually figuring out how many users registered today by making an API call. I manually send a personalized welcome email to each batch of users (manually space it out by 2 days). I even do my own analytics. Something about this mundane process makes me feel "closer" to my product (if that makes any sense)! How about you?

Replies

Michelle Edmondson
Can you say more about how you are doing your analytics?
Michelle Edmondson
@imswaathik This makes me smile. I'm the same. I love my homegrown analytics tracking and look forward to getting my project launched so that I can start building a dashboard. There are a ton of tools out there that might be used for business admin tasks, but I certainly agree with you, in that homegrown solutions truly do make you feel "closer" to your project :)
Swaathi Kakarla
@michelle_edmondson I basically love to code and literally miss it every second I’m selling or writing content. So I’ve written a few python scripts to generate reports on traction, growth and engagement. It’s a bit of a mess tbh!
Swaathi Kakarla
@michelle_edmondson yeah exactly! Glad someone feels the same way. What project are you working on btw?