What are you working on this week? (w/c 16 September)

Abadesi
75 replies
Hi Makers! Reply to share what you're working on this week, we can keep each other motivated and maybe even help. This week I'm focused on ways to increase discovery of our weekly podcast, speaking to media platforms and learning what other podcasts do to get featured on Apple Podcasts, etc. What are you working on?

Replies

Deep
I teach people how to make better digital products through a design system.
Abadesi
@imdeepjoshi what's the design system?
Deep
@abadesi "A design system is a collection of reusable components, guided by clear standards, that can be assembled together to build any number of applications. A design system is a set of interconnected patterns and shared practice coherently organized to achieve the purpose of digital product"
Vita Benes
Working on Deprocrastination and my own collection of the most useful ideas I've found as a maker - calling it Vita's Versatile Vault. We also have some courses on our site that we haven't been working on much, so I might take a look at those - improve how they're presented and the action steps and explanations within.
Laurent Pellegrino
I plan to launch Ipregistry.co Tomorrow on Product Hunt so I am working on promo materials and plan some marketing stuff. Any ideas for a successful launch are welcome :) Other than that, I will also focus on the rebranding of Noticeable.io but that's a long road.
Swaathi Kakarla
We reached a 100 users on HearApp - https://hearapp.co over the weekend. However the number of people who actually schedule a meeting is incredibly less. So I'm trying to come up with some UX and on boarding workflows that can better things. Oh, and worked on a Google cal integration so hopefully that increases traction!
Abadesi
@imswaathik nice stuff! how will you increase conversions for folks who schedule a meeting?
Swaathi Kakarla
@abadesi Well I'm trying to take it step by step. My problem right now is that not everyone who signs up creates a meetings. So I'm solving that by adding better UX and on boarding. My hope is that this causes a ripple effect and makes the user create more meetings.
Mohamed Salah
Hi I'm new to Product Hunt , I'm working on https://votelearn.com (Improve the design and add some stuff to it) before launch it this week.
Sagar Khatri
I am researching on a product that I plan to build and also planning on laying out a rough system architecture for the same !
Naya Moss
Working on a YC application as startup school is almost over. Prepping for Startup Weekend Cluj this week. And finishing up a Fiverr clone I started a week ago.
EH
@nayamoss I'd love to learn what you learned from startup school; do you have a blog?
Naya Moss
@eve_hammond Honestly most of what I learned from Startup School I have already read from the YC blog and resource page. It's more up to date content and relevant to right now. Surprisingly i'm seeing SO many people drop out. But I find it really valuable because my market is startup founders. When I started my company I was afraid founders wouldn't see the value of my product so early on. But so far every week i've gotten really great feedback and everyone has said they understand my product. 😭no I seriously need to write more I have so much of my tech journey to tell, but its hard to get the words out. I do have a goal of writing about my 25 lessons by age 25. Open to talk more, naya@culturefiy.tech πŸ˜€.
Naya Moss
@abadesi 😭, omg Thank you Abadesi! I'm trying SO hard. I'm actually having 2nd thoughts about Startup Weekend. It's the woman edition and apparently you aren't allowed to bring a pre-existing business. There's another pitch competition coming up in 2.5 weeks and I think it will be more beneficial. Major plus, that one i'll be sponsored. I'll definitely keep everyone posted πŸ˜€.
Alexis Chevalier
Get people on our pre-launch list @ audiencemoney.com. We also just open our referral program for new comers with Growsurf (if you know)
Miles Scherrer
We just launched Bookself on PH 😁 We'll use the feedback to guide us whether to pursue premium in-app audiobook ebook content or social 2.0 features like expanding our live chat features for book clubs, topics, author Q&As and live events. What do you think?
Naya Moss
@miles_scherrer If there was a way to integrate with audible, or create an audible replacement within the app. I would 100% pay for premium.
Miles Scherrer
@nayamoss Cool and thanks for the input! We actually have in-app premium audiobooks almost fully integrated and hope to be able to launch within the coming month or two. While the app currently resembles Goodreads, we are actually more inspired by social reading apps in China like Tencent WeRead and QQ Reading who combine both digital book consumption and community in one.
Abadesi
@nayamoss @miles_scherrer I'm so excited for this! I never got into Goodreads because of the UI but *love* the social aspect of sharing and reflecting on content I've consumed.
Miles Scherrer
@nayamoss @abadesi Hope you like it! With audiobook and ebook content we think that the social features can be further improved by sharing bookmarks or quotes and discussing chapters and passages. It takes a while to get the partnerships needed in place but hope to have it in place in a couple of months.
Jonathan Sun
App launch and research for a side idea! Stay tuned :)
Ant Musker
Hey Abadesi. Focus this week is to create awareness of White Label website visitor tracking for Agencies. Researching the different kinds of strategic and creative marketing agencies and communicating the value for their clients.
Abadesi
@ant_musker big tasks! how is it going so far?
Ant Musker
@abadesi Making progress! Check out the graphic material, appreciate any feedback https://imgur.com/s6F2Guc
Jonathan Newar
Hey everyone, my company Captain Experiences, just launched: https://www.producthunt.com/post... Captain makes booking an outdoor sports trip quick, easy, and safe. Instead of calling guides one-by-one, you can search Captain for your ideal trip, read our 100% verified reviews, and book with one of our licensed and insured guides. Check out our PH page for a 10% discount, and be sure to vote on what sport we should expand to next- we're focused on fishing for now, but options include hiking, hunting, kayaking/rafting, skydiving, and more!
Robert Zalaudek
Promoting and getting feedback on the trailer video for our productivity and interruption-prevention app.
Robert Zalaudek
@eve_hammond thanks for asking. Still new to Product Hunt and didn't want to put a long link in the thread. Here you go:
Abadesi
@eve_hammond @robert_zalaudek I like the Slack integration and how it snoozes notifications in a blanket way across the device. That said I the video could get the point across in half the time.
Robert Zalaudek
@eve_hammond @abadesi Thank you so much for the feedback. It's my first video in a long time so a bit rusty. I'm sure that they'll get better as I do more. Many thanks again.
Jack Harner
At work, we're finishing up the implementation of our Rewards Program. Should be able to start testing and launch soon! In my own work, I'm finishing up the re-build of JackHarner.com using Gatsby. Just have to finish some tweaks to the mobile CSS and I should be ready to launch!
Daniel πŸ’»
working on @makepad_app 😁 also heres free code to get 1 month free GOPRO
Irma Mesa
Creating outline for remote course and doing outreach for interest in my remote work consulting. Let me know if anyone is interested :)
Abadesi
@_justirma what’s the course about?
Irma Mesa
@abadesi thanks for asking! looking to create educational content around remote work. starting off with a guide for managers to use on how to hire, onboard and manage remote teams with examples, guides, documentation, etc.
Abadesi
@_justirma oh wow I'd love to use this stuff.... are you creating a new site for it?
Mitch Gillogly
πŸ”² Launch plugin in 2 days on Chrome Web Store πŸ”² Have 5-10 friends install it, invite a couple of their friends, solicit feedback and iterate πŸ”² Continue QA testing πŸ”² Secure domain & build landing page
EH
Sounds like a busy week :). Last week was a dev-heavy week for me, so this week I'll be tilting the scales towards self-education and writing. Thanks for asking!
Kamal Ashraf
I am working on Tweakful - Zirtual for just marketing. Hopefully, will prelaunch by the end this week.
Adam Greenough
I'm collecting newsletter sign-ups to validate my discussion board for website makers (https://webful.io/).