When is a product ready for a PH launch?

Gabriel Birnbaum
3 replies
Hi folks, I have been building https://barbra.io since the beginning of the year, and have been reluctant about launching on Product Hunt just yet. It feels in a way very official, unforgiving and intimidating. Did you also feel that? I wanted to ask – in what stage is it optimal to launch on PH?

Replies

Austin Marks
To quote Chris Messina - "I recommend waiting until your product is pretty solid and ready to be used by other who don’t know anything about you. You should have done several rounds of real world alpha and beta testing to make sure that people want what you’re making, and that what you’ve made is usable and comprehensible."
Gabriel Birnbaum
@austinmeta Thanks. That was my understanding. But I see posting some more MVP-y products often. So I didn't know if that was the right approach.
Austin Marks
@gavri_birnbaum Yeah, in the end of the day you can launch whatever you want. The reason why many people recommend not just launching to launch is because you have to wait, I believe 6 months, before you can launch again (with no major changes).