I'm Tiffany, founder of Mogul, our platform has impacted 100M+ women across 196 countries. AMA! đź’Ş

Tiffany Pham
23 replies
Hi makers! I'm Tiffany Pham, CEO and Founder of Mogul, I'm really excited to be here answering any questions you have about: community building, edtech and educational products, networking and career building products, organizing conferences, supporting the career and leadership development of millennials and Gen-Z, empowerment and especially female empowerment. I'm also excited to announce that on 21 September we're holding our Mogul X conference in New York City [https://onmogul.com/mogulx]. Last year we had attendees come from over 100 cities and seven countries. It's all about what young professionals need to level up in the career game and reach their goals.

Replies

Abadesi
Hi Tiffany, so excited to have you here! A lot of makers are hoping to expand their reach globally like you have. Could you share advice on how you've been able to make Mogul a global community with community members across almost 200 countries?
Tiffany Pham
@abadesi I initially concentrated on building the community from my own network, which in itself was comprised of individuals from different countries who believed in the same mission. They spread the word to their respective countries, and became eventual ambassadors for Mogul within their respective areas of the world. I then built the product, alongside CTO David Pham, to become highly shareable, across the world, and regularly ensured our partnerships with individuals and organizations were global in nature as well!
Anna Filou
What is the purpose of Mogul and how does it help women in particular "level up their career game"?
Tiffany Pham
@anna_0x Mogul enables individuals and organizations to achieve optimal growth and productivity. Therefore, we provide a planner, community, and learning -- and connect our talent among the community to job opportunities from across the world thereafter!
Anna Filou
@tifftpham That sounds good, but where does the "women" part come in? :) See, that's what I don't get. In the past year, a lot of communities have popped up that claim to help women—not just anyone—achieve their goals or whatever, but I don't understand 1) why women would need special help/communities only for women and 2) what sort of special help these communities offer and how that helps women only.
Emily Hodgins
Hi Tiffany thanks for joining us. When building Mogul's global community, have you found any non-intuitive community building tactics that have been surprisingly effective?
Tiffany Pham
@ejsnowdon I found that building a program specifically for our super-users that was very high-touch was extremely beneficial for not only their referrals but their engagement. 5 years later, our super-users are still with us, posting every day or following Mogul and me across all channels. That kind of loyalty is very hard to find, so that investment in their passion for Mogul through high-touch efforts (including direct conversation with me) was worthwhile.
Rogue London
@ejsnowdon what an amazing question Emily.
Julie Gauthier
Hi Tiffany! I know most of Mogul is user-created and user-driven content. Are there any methods in place for moderating the content, and making sure that the content that serves the purpose of Mogul is the main focus?
Abadesi
We run meet ups at Product Hunt but have never done a conference before. To pull off the very first Mogul X conference, what were the biggest challenges you faced to bring your global community together IRL?
Tiffany Pham
@abadesi Our community is global, so having to pick a location for our conference has been very interesting and we get so many hundreds / thousands of letters pouring in from our users all around the world expressing how much they wish they could attend Mogul X but unfortunately cannot fly internationally for it (due to VISA reasons, budget constraints). I wish we didn't have to pick just 1 location per year! But stay tuned, as we be innovating on the concept of making our conference/events global in nature next year. :)
Taylor Majewski
Hi Tiffany! Thanks for coming on Product Hunt. I'm curious — how do you plan your content strategy, especially when it comes to having a unified voice across a global platform?
Amrith
Thank you for doing this, @tifftpham 🙏 What advice would you give men to better support women on their team?
Michael Berhane
Hey Tiffany, thanks for doing this! A quick question: How do you juggle monetising your platform while staying "true" to your community?
Tiffany Pham
@michaelberhane_ You have to put community first, and think about ways to monetize that only helps the community. If it doesn't help the community, then it is probably best to reject that revenue opportunity, and instead continue to seek ways to monetize that produce more value for the community. This is very achievable through: education, job opportunities, further connecting the community members, and providing further tools for the community members.
Francesca Spoe
What advice can you give women to battle their imposter syndrome?
Tiffany Pham
@fran_spoe It's hard, but you have to combat through it. Tell yourself that you deserve to go for the opportunity, even if your skill sets aren't the one listed on that opportunity. Once you get the job, you have to realize that you will do the best that you can do -- and that what you can do is incredible! You have endless potential. Therefore, you are not an imposter. There is no such thing when it comes to you.
Tiffany Pham
Hi everyone! I'm here, and delighted to be answering your questions LIVE for the next hour.
Abadesi
Thanks @tifftpham for sharing all these great insights with our community. This online discussion is now closed.