Pre-Seed Investment or Accelerator

Justin Hunter
3 replies
My new project is at the stage where we are looking to raise some capital to help us scale up. We've just launched three weeks ago and have been building for two months. We've bootstrapped the project until now, but we're ready to start exploring funding. I'd love to hear your experiences with and pros and cons to both direct pre-seed investment and accelerators. Thanks!

Replies

Abadesi
Which accelerators were you considering? How much independence do you want to maintain, and how much advice (e.g. advisors, board members)are you looking to gain? All those points would impact which route is right for you.
Justin Hunter
@abadesi I'd say the advice portion of your question is most important to us. If we were to go the accelerator route, the hope is that would come with significantly more mentorship and advice (specific to our target market) than direct pre-seed funding. But I'm not sure if that's actually true...
Abadesi
@jehunter5811 most venture firms offer support beyond the cash but he extent to which that plays out varies hugely. The quality of accelerators varies too though! I think if you can get into one of the best/ most respected programs, that’s a win. It’s also validation for when you seek funding from investors in future.