1st PH launch finished 13th position, what I learned

Victor Eduoh
5 replies
My team's very 1st PH launch closed on the 13th position. Yesterday, we launched an ebook product: Ditch MQLs! 4 Ways B2B Marketers Are Acquiring PQLs to Impact Sales. Truth be told, we didn't expect to hit the top spots. And we weren't even trying to. Our launch is for a very specific audience: B2B marketers, founders, and maybe VCs supporting such companies. Beyond this, we crafted the product for executives in such organizations. Not just anyone. For instance, a Customer Success person or Support Exec may not find the book so valuable. The language we used is mostly understood by B2B marketers or founders who've marketed their products in some way. So far, here's what I've learned: 1. You'll get support if you just asked: We hunted badly for a Hunter. Then I reached out to an executive and she encouraged us to launch without one. She told us not to bother, then went out of her way to point in the right direction. Thank you, Fio. 2. Your team is everything: I had built interest in our product via my personal LinkedIn activity. On launch day, it got so overwhelming I'm not sure I could've done as much without my team. Keep your team close on your launch day. Thank you, VECians (find us here: victoreduoh.com) 3. People do consume content: One hypothesis we wanted to test with this launch was whether the executives we targeted still consumed LONG-form content. Well, yes they do (IF YOUR CONTENT IS GREAT). I checked our on-page monitoring tool. The read depth was commendable. Many people spent over 13 minutes on the ebook at first opening. 4. Results don't come immediately: Our ultimate goal with this launch is to attribute $180k/yr in new revenue directly to this ebook product. We saw an uptick in our pricing page viewership and new Newsletter subscribers. However, we're yet to get a sales call booked. Well, ours take time. So we're not worried. I'll be back to update this as we learn more from this 1st launch. Now tell me, what has been your experience with PH launches?

Replies

Maciej Cupial
Thanks for sharing! I'm learning about the launching process, so not really much to add to it, but it's good to read about your experience.
Pascio
Great read and thanks for sharing! My own experience = 0. I just launched my first ever digital product today and I'm hoping to see results similar to yours. Anyways, thanks for sharing again!
Komal Narwani
Thanks for sharing such useful advice @victor_eduoh !