Is there an app you use to manage your finances / budget?

Greg Kopyltsov
18 replies

Replies

Dan Edwards
I use Monzo For my personal allowance and keeping my personal spending on track and Moneybox for savings 😊
Greg Kopyltsov
@de thanks for sharing I'll check those out!
Cameron
I use Google Sheets. I'm also a Monzo Bank customer so one of the things I'm planning to do soon is auto-magically stream data into the sheet using their API.
Justin Hunter
YNAB changed the way I budget. I love it.
NB
@jehunter5811 A fellow YNAB'er!!!! This company is amazing and totally love the product. Not to mention it drives real impact if you do the work.
Javi Rodriguez
@jehunter5811 @ubuntu Don't see the value in it, considering the fact that you need to pay for a subscription when @revolutapp does it automatically.
Greg Kopyltsov
@jehunter5811 maybe I don't get it, but I tried YNAB yesterday and I couldn't wrap my head around it - its hard to project or take my income into account, it seems very focused on what you have in your accounts
Justin Hunter
@gregkop It definitely is. It took me a while to get it too. I had to use their courses before it finally clicked. But when it did, it changed the way I spend money, which is really the key toward better management of your financed.
NB
@revolutapp @javi_rodriguez2 @jehunter5811 Same here..never heard of it before but I will check it out. Thanks!
Bryan M. Blanchot
I use YNAB (You Need a Budget) on a daily basis, it changed the way I deal with finances !
Richard Reis
@brybrybm Hi Bryan! This really caught my attention since I'm building an app to help people with their finances. I'm very familiar with YNAB, but I wasn't aware people used them on a daily basis. Could you explain this a little more? What makes you use YNAB every day?
Bryan M. Blanchot
@richardcreis Sure, basically I live in France and there's often a delay between the time a transaction happens and the time it takes for the amount to be deducted from your bank account. The feature from YNAB I use every day is the manual entering of transactions. Using this feature the working balance I see in YNAB always reflects my real "spending power" and therefore prevents me from overspending due to my bank not being up to date. Hope this helps!
Richard Reis
My team and I released Gurgeh (pronounced gur-gee) to help people manage their finances https://www.gurgeh.com/ It's the first app built for the FIRE movement (Financial Independence, Retire Early). Would love to get any feedback!
Shawn Cao
We are launching Fina soon https://producthunt.com/products..., I'm happy to connect and discuss more!