Finding like-minded people to exchange ideas and thoughts

Björn Rave
24 replies
I am pretty new to the whole world of bootstrapping and indiebusiness and don't really know anyone doing this kind of stuff. I would love to get to know someone, who shares those interests to exchange ideas, maybe check each others products and give tips and advices :)

Replies

Vita Benes
Check out Indie Hackers Community - it's a good place to get feedback and ideas alike.
Scott Mathson
@vitabenes @bjornrave @bjoern_rave so hard to just choose one, honestly - they're all consistently great. Chats with @_rchase_ on IH podcast (plinkhq.com/i/1206165808) recently and SaaS Podcast with Omer (https://plinkhq.com/i/916927819) were both great, bet you'd like it.
Scott Mathson
@vitabenes @bjornrave couldn't agree more - I have been sharing milestones there for Plink (which launched today on PH here https://meow.ph/plink). Have found both PH and IH podcasts very helpful re: insights and inspiration for bootstrappers.
Björn Rave
@vitabenes @bjornrave @scottmathson Thanks for the tip, any episodes you found particular helpful?
Björn Rave
@vitabenes @bjornrave @_rchase_ @scottmathson Thanks, I already listened to some of them, but there are so many :D
Abadesi
I think you've come to the right place. What ideas do you have at the moment for projects to work on?
Björn Rave
@abadesi I pretty much finished my last idea. I am in the pre-launch phase, where I want to make some smaller things more refined, especially the mobile experience, as most of the people are coming in from mobile. If you want to check it out and maybe give me a tip: https://www.plezzles.com
Ferenc Forgacs
As Abadesi said, you came to the right place :) I think it's really important to try to build your products as open as possible so others can provide you inputs during your journey. But make sure that in the end, you make your own decisions as (probably) you are the one who bests knows the problem you are trying to solve. Add goals to your maker profile, so others will see what you are working on, follow other makers, share your questions in discussions (just like you did), etc. I was trying to test plezzles.com but it doesn't seem to work at the moment. Let me know when it's available again, I would love to take a look at it.
Björn Rave
@feriforgacs it's not working o.O It should be... When I visit the page it works. What does it say? Thanks for the kind words. Yeah I need and want to start to learn and practice interacting with the community. I already added some goals, but I will try to keep doing that in the future
Ferenc Forgacs
@bjoern_rave ah, sorry. I clicked on the link in your comment above and I just realized there are 4 w-s in it. It works fine if I remove that :)
Björn Rave
@feriforgacs Do you have any critque? I know that the navbar is off on chrome sometimes, need to fix that
Ferenc Forgacs
@bjoern_rave I added an event yesterday. I'm still testing the product and will send you a few things I noticed.
Björn Rave
@feriforgacs ah it was you? :D thanks for being the first one to submit something, you gave me alot of motivation to continue refining it, I actually have a big update in the pipeline
Courtney Ruth
I am new as well! I just gave you a follow. It will be fun to learn and grow together! I am happy to check out your product + offer feedback.
Björn Rave
@courtneyruth Hey Courtney, thanks for that, let's do that. I looked at your project KOYA and I really like the idea of it :D You can like force people to travel and create a little scavenger hunt :D
Courtney Ruth
@bjoern_rave Sounds great! Send it my way and I will take a look! And thanks for the positive feedback about KOYA!!! That means a lot. ;)
Björn Rave
@courtneyruth The project I am working on right now is: https://www.plezzles.com . But I still need to do some finishing touches before it's ready to be officially launched :)
Courtney Ruth
@bjoern_rave Awesome concept! It is looking good! Question, when I looked at the map I couldn't see any events. It might be helpful to have sample events or show people what it could look like somehow to get them excited about adding events.
Courtney Ruth
@bjoern_rave Thank you so much! Any feedback is welcome. I look forward to seeing your product continue to take shape as well. Such a great idea!
Ryzal Yusoff 🇬🇧🇲🇾
Hi @bjoern_rave Welcome to ProductHunt! I just checkout plezzles.com, it seems cool and promising! Keep exploring and feel free to join me and other makers on Twitter as well :)
Björn Rave
@ryzalyusoff Thanks for the feedback. I also checked out veggsocial. The concepts are actually similar :D It also reminded me alot of nomadlist.com
Ryzal Yusoff 🇬🇧🇲🇾
@bjoern_rave Ahah yes, I can see that! :D And also, yes nomadlist was the inspiration :)))