Founders in Bay Area: where do you go to meet other founders?

Claire Li
6 replies

Replies

Abadesi
Here are some SF meetups I really enjoy: Fearless Female Founders (think they are based on a Facebook Group), The Violet Society run by @shriyanevatia and the Women of Product Hunt meetup. I also like to try and get invites to founder dinners, they are a bit less transparent but usually there are a few on if you just ask around! Or take a leaf out of the YC playbook and organize your own 😊
Claire Li
@abadesi "try and get invites to founder dinners" do you mean you try to invite founders to dinners or get invited to those events? do you mind sharing couple ways you use to find out the founder dinners? i'm quite new to the founder world, so any tip is appreciated!
Abadesi
@claire_li I meant both actually! You can organise a dinner and spread the word in Product Hunt, LinkedIn, Twitter etc. Alternatively depending on what your focus is e.g. IoT, FinTech, etc you could find groups online dedicated to this e.g. Facebook groups, or groups related to female founders, and then share dates to organise a dinner there or simply ask if anyone knows any networking events for founders you can attend. If you attended university try tapping into alumni events or just go to local universities and see what is happening in their startup scene. Be very open minded, be very active and be curious. Also check out meetup.com