What are you working on this week? (w/c 2 September)

Abadesi
45 replies
Hi makers, share what you’re working on this week so we can support each other. I’m working on content marketing tactics to boost Product Hunt podcast subscribers and also lining up special guests for future Makers discussions.

Replies

Yannick Mathey
I'm working on the materials for the release coming next week 😱 If some of you have some time to give me feedback about our product and its presentation, I would be glad (and grateful) to share some information in DM
Jonathan Sun
@yannick_mthy Yeah! It's a good product! The presentation does feel a little cartoony (however, depending on your customer base, it could be a good thing). Also what if you could include a storytelling element in the presentation? Rather than just a straight problem -> solution video, you could tell a story about "Joe the average freelancer" and how he's overloaded with tasks to do! Just a couple of ideas haha
Yannick Mathey
Great Thank you : ) Basically, we develop a product to help freelancers focus on what matters by automating tasks they don't like to do. Any feedback warmly welcomed on the video presentation! https://prototypo-1.wistia.com/m... Thank you @jonathan_sun1 !
Yannick Mathey
@jonathan_sun1 That's definitively a great feedback, thank you! I have a second video (still in french for the moment) where I talk face-to-cam and tell a story. I used to share it on LinkedIn but I will definitively think about it!
Johan Bavaud
I have two weeks to automate as much tasks as possible before my parental leave - so this week, I duplicate myprofessionalself to enjoy myfatherself.
Abadesi
@johan_bavaud That's so exciting. What ways are you automating your work tasks?
Johan Bavaud
@abadesi Mail Automation to follow-up/support every customer journeys, Auto campaign on Ads + Facebook, Auto PR contact, Auto KPI's report generated, ... With Zappier, some line of codes and good softwares, it's possible to build a true sales/marketing system which was not possible years ago. But it is just for one month and keep a sustainable growth during my absence ; it's impossible to automate everything imo.
Johan Bavaud
And you @abadesi, what did you already automate in your business/tasks ? And what would you automate in the futur ?
Abadesi
@johan_bavaud wow this is great! I haven't automated much. I run my side business with a part time remote team so there are people responsible for business essentials. Of late I have been thinking a lot about automation - you've inspired me! Are you ever tempted to get a virtual assistant?
Johan Bavaud
@abadesi Happy to send you some inspiration from Switzerland ! What kind of side business do you run ? Its clear there are limits with these automations - mostly when your users/customers feel in front of a robot. It's a balance to find imo. I try quietly to build a personal assistant, but I am really in alpha test. Do you have any recommendation here ?
Pretheesh Thomas
submitting Yummystreets updates to appstore and playstore.
Abadesi
@bigmints That's so exciting well done!
Sukh Sidhu
Hiring! My top sales person handed in her notice on Friday, calls already booked in with candidates starting today
Abadesi
@sukhsidhuuk Wow that's so speedy! Hope you find some promising folks soon. What's your recruitment process?
Sukh Sidhu
@abadesi For this it was social media posts to conversations via DM to phone interview for interesting candidates
Cristian Moisei
A lot of people on PH have been asking for iCloud syncing on Thrive so I’m focusing on that.
Abadesi
@cristianmoisei sounds great, was it something you already had on the roadmap?
Cristian Moisei
@abadesi it was, but I didn’t know there will be such strong demand for it so now it’s at the top of the priorities list.
Roman in Berlin
I am bringing my WordPress plugin (https://launchui.com/) towards the first release and trying to figure out how to best structure a freemium model for it.
Wilson Bright
I'm working on adding logic feature and email share for Blocksurvey.org
Janki
Seeing what tool I can implement on my website that could be beneficial to my users (glasses-wearers)!
Cameron
Bit of (technical) design work on the new features I'm adding to my recently launched product!
Tracy M
I'm working on getting more feedback for Happi Pet so we can see what works and what needs improvement, also working on improvements to SEO for the site to drive more organic traffic.
Courtney Ruth
I am working on copy to launch my product to Product Hunt + trying to find creative distribution strategies. Recently, I discovered HARO (Help A Reporter Out) and this has been a helpful tool for me to find potential leads.
Haider Sheikh
I am planning to launch my startup on Product Hunt
victordoss
Getting https://storytime.dev ready for ProductHunt launch.
Bernice Galebach
Beta testing my app called The Pond that matches entrepreneurs looking for co-founders and early team members!
Jonathan Sun
@bernice_galebach I've always been into this concept! I think I saw one developed in Seattle called CoffeeBreak (https://www.coffeebreakapp.com/). Where you located?
Swaathi Kakarla
Getting marketing content ready for HearApp (https://app.hearapp.co). Here's my pitch: "Effortlessly run meetings with actionables, follow-ups and notes.". Does it convey?
Jonathan Sun
@imswaathik I would change up the word "actionables" to something else (it doesn't really roll off the tongue). Maybe tasks?
Swaathi Kakarla
@jonathan_sun1 yeah! I was mulling over that. It’s just that those actionables don’t have a due date or an assigned just yet and I was trying to come up with a feature name. Thanks for your insight! I’ll work towards it. :)
Sarah Loertscher
@imswaathik what did you come up with? :)
Swaathi Kakarla
@sarahloertscher ah! I'm over thinking about this soo much and guess where I'm at? Still actionables! :(
Sarah Loertscher
@imswaathik I know that feeling! What about just "action items"? :)
internetjohnny
Making an awesome website that will now be my "out of the box" cover letter 🤟
Jonathan Sun
I'm working on getting my app finalized!! I'm excited to launch it next week and showcase it to you guys to see what you think. It matches high schoolers to their best fit colleges :) dm me if you'd like to know more
Andreas Ioannou
Hiring first sales team for our codepeople.io magazine