Let me test your product

Jen Nordhem
98 replies
Hi there! I'm interested in supporting the Makers community and want to offer to test your product/prototype/beta or take a survey. Feel free to reach out and schedule time or send me a link!

Replies

Amy Giddon
Hi Jen! What a generous offer and I see lots of uptake! I would love your thought on our soft-launched app Daily Haloha. Our mission is to restore a sense of shared humanity through a single thought-provoking fill-in-the-blank question to the world each day. You'll find us in the app stores (for free) and www.dailyhaloha.com. Thank you so much!
Amy Giddon
@courtneyruth Thank you so much for your feedback! FYI - there are 3 icons in the top nav that allow you to toggle between your "swap", the Wall, and your Account. Clearly we can make this more clear, thank you! I love your idea about analog. The inspiration for this app was born in the physical world and I'd love to see the content and insights available in all sorts of ways outside the app. So many plans, but we're still at the MVP stage. I looked on your site - and love what you're doing too! Your branding is wonderful!
Courtney Ruth
@amy_giddon1 I just downloaded it and am now even more in love with the concept. The only feedback I have is that I somehow navigated out of my conversation with someone (when it was my turn to send a reaction) and I couldn't figure out how to get back. I killed the app and thankfully it opened up right to that spot. ;) Do you have plans to make mini books out of stored up Halohas? That could be an interesting way to monetize. As a user, I would find value in making the Halohas analog.
Courtney Ruth
@amy_giddon1 That's super helpful. Thank you!! I will keep that in mind for how to get back to the wall within the app. You are truly rocking it!!! Truly! Your MVP is fireeeeee! 🔥
Jen Nordhem
@courtneyruth @amy_giddon1 Can I just pop in here to say how happy it makes me to come back to this thread and see such a rad conversation! Love this. Just signed up for your email list and will be downloading your product soon.
Ryan Hoover
Nice of you to offer, Jen! :)
Jen Nordhem
@rrhoover Thanks Ryan! That's what this place is all about, right? Thanks for building Product Hunt!
Jess Solka
Wow that is so generous of you! I would definitely appreciate if you could check out my app I'm beta testing if you are into makeup and have an android phone :)
Jen Nordhem
@jess_robins I would love to but gah! I don't have an android unfortunately. Is there a way to test in browser, from iOS or from a desktop computer?
Jess Solka
@jennordhem No worries! It's just android for now because the iOS app is still waiting for review for the open beta, but I suspect it will be approved in the next few days.
Sahaj Rana
Hey @jennordhem, I would like to offer as well, what are you working upon lately! :)
Jen Nordhem
@sahaj_rana Ah thanks! I have my V1 of our prototype ready to test - would you be interested in a 15m google hangout to walk thru?
Antonio Bernardino
Hi Jens, thanks for your offer! Do you use Outlook or Gmail regularly, if so please check out https://plicca.com (my project) :)
Jen Nordhem
@ambrd Brilliant. I love the executive summary concept. The demo is in a language I can't read, how does it work? And do you save the data from emails #privacy? Let me know if there are any specific questions that you'd like me to answer.
Antonio Bernardino
@jennordhem Thanks for the feedback :) the demo is in Portuguese, we will put an English one up today. It works by creating a 2 or 3 phrases summary of your email, and shows it on top so that you can save time. We take privacy very seriously, we don't store any emails on our side, we just process them, and update them with our AI generated summary. How do you think we can we can say this on the landing page without sounding too creepy?
Yusuf Giftworks
Hi @jennordhem ! Would like to take up the offer, thank you :) I'm building a hosting platform where founders can showcase their startup and themselves on a beautiful single-page profile. Here's a link to my product: https://founderhill.com I would appreciate it so much if you could try and create a profile on your own and experience the whole flow. Looking forward to your feedback, thanks so much again!
Jen Nordhem
@qabil I'll check it out! And let me know if there are any specific questions that you'd like me to answer as I navigate.
Jen Nordhem
@qabil First thoughts: This is really cool. I love the flow and illustrations make it really easy to understand the benefits and how to built. Onboarding has a few typos if you want me to DM you those. When I confirmed my email address it routed me to the backers page, which felt a little disjointed, as I wanted to go right back into my flow of creating my profile. On building my profile when I added a new skill it didn't populate automatically and I had to add it again. Not a big deal but tiny bug. Overall - great flow, easy to understand, and I created a profile in all of 5 minutes: https://www.founderhill.com/foun...
Yusuf Giftworks
@jennordhem Sorry for the slow reply, Jen! The sun just came up on my end here :) Anyway, thank you so very much for the detailed feedback you've given me below. I'll reply to it in a bit!
Yusuf Giftworks
@jennordhem Thanks very much again for the feedback, Jen. I feel so at ease now that a producer and a marketer said that she understood the flow. It meant the world to me to hear such comments from a professional. Please do DM me the typos, and if you have suggestions, please include them as well. I'm sure anything from you would be worth including. Thank you for raising this point! I've corrected the routing. Now, each time a user signs in, she or he will be redirected to their dashboard/edit profile page. Oh, I see. Alright, I'll try to fix the bug ASAP. Again, this is amazing, Jen. Thank you so much. A small request: Do you mind if I tweet a link to your profile page? Just to showcase to people what a founder profile would look like. Also, if you'd want to, I can @mention your Twitter handle and include an intro/tagline of your own as well. It's perfectly fine if you don't want this :) Thanks so much again, Jen. May great things come your way!
Jen Nordhem
@qabil You have a really cool product, thank you for sharing. And being so quick to fix those bugs - WOW! I'll DM you those notes now. Thanks and best of luck!
Aleksandr Kushchynskyi
Hi @jennordhem, thanks for your offer. We build the platform for collaboration and creating public catalogs and web portals https://ntile.app
Jen Nordhem
@aleksandrks Very cool - the first question that comes to mind is "How is this different than Airtable?" Your tagline is improper English, change from "One app to rule docs all" to "One app to rule all docs" Pricing structure makes sense, but I wish that the menu bar didn't change. I wanted to go from Pricing > About Us, but had to go back to the home page to get to that link. Let me know if there are any other questions! Thanks!
Aleksandr Kushchynskyi
@jennordhem Thank you. airtable is a new generation of Excel. ntile not just tables. It helps to organize all information and manage a small and medium company and teams. You can create documents from a template (row of the table) or empty document. Each paragraph can be separate document too, and it already linked to the parent document
Cristian Moisei
Hey Jen, it’s great that you’re offering and I’d be happy to return the favour if you’re working on anything. In the meantime, I’d love to know what you think of Thrive (can’t post a link apparently, but it was Saturday’s product of the day)
Jen Nordhem
@cristianmoisei Yes please do DM me a promo code I want to try this out. Lord oh lord, do I know some people who could use this app! Love the tagline - you've got me right off the bat. The visualization is key! And yes I have a very early V1 of our prototype that I'd like to have you test. Will message you shortly.
Cristian Moisei
Actually, it looks like I can, apologies: https://get-thrive.app/
Voxel Max
Hi @jennordhem, That's very kind of you. If you have an iPad give Voxel Max a try too, it's a voxel art editor due to launch in November. https://voxelmax.com https://www.producthunt.com/post... Thank you, Adrian A.
Jen Nordhem
@voxelmax This is SO COOL. I haven't downloaded the app but I'm really impressed by what this does. I'm not sure if I'm the right demographic for a product like this, but I work with some 3d artists at my day job and I could see them having a really good time with this. I'll share it with them. Is the build area fixed to 256^3 because of computing power from mobile/tablet? Features I'm into: Time-lapse feature is really interesting for those building a reel or a portfolio. Learn section with demos is great for reducing that educational barrier. Who is your key audience for this?
Voxel Max
Thank you @jennordhem, I'm almost done actually extending the build area with a scene manager (one scene object though will still be limited to 256^3 due to limited compute resources). Once that's done, next steps are AR and animations. Time lapse rendering was initially purposed for enhancing the onboarding experience with some curated tutorial packs but it's indeed a great efortless way of showcasing the creative process. I m running a little market experiment with an open beta testing group to figure out how to extend my audience. Atm looks like indie game developers(small/medium crowd), voxel artists(very small crowd) and young people 13-24(wannabe 3d artists, minecraft fans - huge crowd) are very positive towards my product. One challenge it seems to be due to my the tech choice (Apple - I stand by it for budget reasons :)). Most of the folks involved in gaming use PC/Android devices so still trying to figure out ways to target more Apple users having iPad Pros:). Best regards, Adrian A.
Jen Nordhem
@voxelmax Minecraft kids! Now that's a huge audience for sure. And I assume fairly easy to target via paid media? I thought that Apple takes a bigger cut of sales?
Voxel Max
@jennordhem I do hope so, still have a few months before November’s launch to figure out a strategy. Implementing for Apple was a lot cheaper on the other hand, not dealing with a fragmented ecosystem (so many variations of os versions, hardware specs, screen sizes etc on Android) I would have needed a much bigger team for sure to achieve same performance and native feeling goals. Apple is also leading the mobile AR and in terms of hardware for creative crowd there is no alternative atm to iPad Pro/ Apple Pencil line (thinking about those Procreate users too) So overall I still think the tech choice is right despite the challenges. Expanding to other platforms remains an option for later.
Marvin Simon
Hi @jennordhem, I would love for you to test my productivity project www.gotstado.com. Thank you :)
Jen Nordhem
@marvin_simon1 Great to give people all the ways they want to project manage in one app, so you fit to their way of working/methodology instead of smashing them into a single one. Brilliant. I'm a producer in my day job, so I use tools like this all the time. Does the Kanban flow from left to right, like if I were to use this for tracking eng projects using the lean startup methodology, could I have each cell be a different stage to complete and then it advances to the next cell? Once the cells reach x# of items it's "full" and needs to be moved to the next? Can you take one project and apply it across all different states? Like for example you can see the todos in the list form, and then see how they all layout across the timeline or calendar view? I find that as a producer I will often take a timeline for myself and have to adapt it for different audiences - creatives are more visual and want high level, whereas producers want more technical granularity. If that is what the product does then the copy alludes to this, but the visuals don't. I'd use the same use case and apply across all "views". Your pricing is very fair, I'd personally up it a bit for the business one. :) Nice work!
Marvin Simon
@jennordhem thanks for reviewing my product. To answer your questions. 1. The kanban view works similar to Trello where you can organise your workflow in the best way that suits you. The way you do this in Gotstado is by creating and arranging list categories in a structure that you require. For example, you could have todo, doing and done categories. Currently there's no X item limit for the Kanban view but I like that idea. I'll add it to the roadmap. 2. Yes you can take one project (known as list in Gotstado) and display it in all the different type of views. Thanks for the feedback regarding the copy. I'll try to make this point stand out more. 3. Always nice to hear that I should be charging more for my product. Its very early stage so just trying to get people on board at the moment. I really appreciate your feedback. Thank you :)
MEKH
Hi @marvin_simon1 Is it an error or intentionally that your premium and business pricing are the same ?! Usually the support service comes with the pricing, you can ad this as a service as well. Hope this help
Marvin Simon
@aboubakr_mekhatria you've raised a really good point. I have now increased the business pricing and also mentioned our support options in the pricing plan. Thanks for your feedback :)
MEKH
@marvin_simon1 You'r welcome :) How do you manage the pricing\features management, is it a third party tool your' using or you have developed it your self ?
Janki
Hi Jen! Thank you for the generous offer! I founded Opty, and we make it easier and more convenient for people to clean their glasses! Would love any feedback you have. https://useopty.com
Jen Nordhem
@useoptyjanki Great introduction above the fold, I know exactly what the product is and the photography is good. The case is a nice touch. And the flow of the page nicely describes it's benefits. The product page photography could be better though, I want to see the texture of the product but the black back has no detail and the white background makes the product hard to look at. If you must stick with the photos that you have, then I'd recommend making the photo smaller and right or left align it, and bring the copy and buy CTA above the fold. I'd be interested to see a before/after video too, or a comparison with a disposable. This is a real problem that sooo many people have, good on you!
Janki
@jennordhem Thank you so much for your quick and thorough feedback! I truly appreciate it. I will get in those changes!
Tracy M
Hi Jen, nice to meet you! I would really love your feedback on our product, we created an online pet management system to help pet owners organize everything about their pets. With this system the pet owners creates a profile for their pet and can record medical and nutrition history. It is fully web based, the URL is http://happi.pet registration is free, there is 30-Days of full premium access and no CC info necessary at sign up. It's still in early stages, so we are really trying to figure out what pet owners would want. I'd also love to take a look at others' projects as well! Thank you.
Jen Nordhem
@tracy_m So glad we were able to discuss this over DM! Love the concept and such a great URL! Brilliant!
Tracy M
@jennordhem Thanks for your feedback! We are still trying to figure out a good text to place on the landing page.
Pablo Artee
Do you exercise regularly or want to start to? Give RocketJourney a go! Check it out here: https://www.producthunt.com/post... We’re always happy to hear feedback!
Jen Nordhem
@arteepa I do exercise regularly. I'm an obsessive classpass user (both in studio and at home using their videos). I see your app works with Strava (I used to be an elite cyclist and know the product well), does it also work with Classpass?
Pablo Artee
@jennordhem Not yet, we've been thinking about integrating with all those "pass" companies, but currently focusing on other stuff. You could request that studio to be added, so you could check in using your GPS. Or you could connect a wearable (apple watch, fitbit, garmin) and verify activity with them. :)
Yo Dinh
Hey @jennordhem, thanks for being so generous. Are you able to help check out https://robocons.com, we do automated qualitative employee surveys. What do you think about employee surveys etc?
Jen Nordhem
@yo_dinh Thanks for sharing. I don't quite understand how learning insights from books and surveying employees are related? Can you clarify that point?
Yo Dinh
@jennordhem Thanks for replying Jenn, yea you're right it's a bit confusing. I've since updated this to reposition as 'employee development surveys'. Does that resonate more or is that still confusing? My goal is to inspire employees to read more and get feedback from employees using concepts from books.
Elan Dassani
hi Jen, that would be lovely! photoscout.co, it's already live, much appreciated! Looking for feedback to see if the casual user or photo or film professional would find a tool like this useful. thanks!! https://www.producthunt.com/post...
MEKH
HI @elan_dassani the text in your landing page is not clear to read and very small. You can break down each section: subscription form, the text. in to separated sections with different background color, that will make it easy to focus on, and try to make the font more bigger. give two or three example of the questions you already have, this will give some idea to your future customers, make them taste before to eat :)
Jen Nordhem
@elan_dassani Thanks for sharing. If you use this app for a wedding for example, wouldn't all the other photos that people tag that location with show up too, theoretically? Does your app scrape existing geotags? I guess that point isn't clear. If it does, as an avid outdoor enthusiast, this type of app really concerns me regarding natural preservation. We're seeing a lot of parks getting heavier traffic (and littering) than usual because people want photos for instagram. If that's the case, this could expose very beautiful, but less well known sites, that in a fragile ecosystem. I know a lot of people who care about the outdoors intentionally don't geo-tag their IG photos for this reason. I've worked in tv and film and love the idea as a tool for location scouts, but I wonder how big that market is? Overall very cool, but I have some potential ethical concerns about the product.
Yanina V. Noel
@jennordhem Hey there! Thanks for your time to look at our projects, guess your list is already rather long :) I am not sure you will be able to test it but let me know what you think about the idea. It's an online voting platform based on blockchain technology and backed with transparent crypto algorithms - POLYS. We hope to get at the large nationwide scale :) https://polys.me
MEKH
Hi @yanina_v_noel Well, if forbs talked about you, I don't think if my comment worth something :) I mean you'r already in the cruse speed, well done. But, how are you going to make money from that, I did not seen your pricing list ?
Kinjal Jasani
Hi @jennordhem! Thank you so much for the offer! I would appreciate it if you could try out my app a give it an honest rating! It is a social media app focused on motivation and positivity. The link is https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mo.... Thank you once again!
Jen Nordhem
@kinjal_jasani It's great that you're making an app that's aim is to uplift people and motivate them! I wish more people would do that. From your app store profile, I can't tell - does the user create their own motivational posts? Or do you populate the motivational posts for them?
Kinjal Jasani
@jennordhem It’s meant to be a social media app where users post motivational things.
MEKH
Hi @jennordhem that's kind from you, here is our product: https://noterecorder.com It's a tool to sync audio recording with the notes. Have a good day.
Jen Nordhem
@aboubakr_mekhatria Great concept - I take a lot of notes and think this could be helpful. Do all of your notes need to be saved to the app? I'm assuming you can download and save them to a desktop, dropbox, or google drive? For example, I keep all my notes in Google docs and share them with colleagues to take their action items from - would that work with this app? Sounds like they're saved as an excel file? Could there be an option to save as a doc instead? I'm confused by your pricing structure - your "popular" tier doesn't have a price and says it's coming soon - so how is it popular? I'd advise doing a spell check on your site too.
Jen ✏️
Thanks for the offer! would love your feedback on my site http://www.craftic.com :)
Jen Nordhem
@mellowbeing Hi Jen, so this is a site where you pick the craft supplies you have and then it gives you ideas for crafts. It looks like you're currently using your own creative ideas, but I bet you could scrape the craft ideas from some place like Martha Stewart Living or another craft site. You could then create filters that get even more granular to not just yarn but type of yarn, or technique, etc. I could see this being a really big concept that pools all sorts of different craft sites for their content into one DIY super-hub. Good luck!
Jen ✏️
@jennordhem hey, yes I'd like for the site to be user generated down the road since it'll be hard to scale otherwise. Scraping is very bad practice so I'd suggest not advising others to do this. People aren't happy when they find their content copied over without their consent to your website. I plan on asking individual contributors to share their projects.