What are some activities/things you're doing this month (April) to support your local community?

impawuniverse
5 replies
As we are all encouraged conduct activities/tasks to help flatten the covid19 curve, what are some things you/your family/your community are doing to support this movement? Ie: - Creating apps to support families and small businesses? - Order takeout meals/meals on delivery from local small business restaurants? - Purchase groceries from your neighbourhood convenient store? - Clap your hands outside your home patio to support the medical and healthcare professionals? - Stay home, wash hands, social distancing? - Other?

Replies

impawuniverse
In my local community, it's clearly evident that small businesses are struggling and I'm trying my best to support by purchasing mom & pop neighbourhood grocery stores, order takeout from family restaurants. Giving them a larger tip percentage too...hopefully can help. I'm also stay home and promote physical distancing when I do need to head out. Skype for Business and Zoom video conferencing are becoming the norm for me to stay connected with others. Of course....washing hands regularly when delivery arrives. Neighbours join in the clapping movement. What have you been doing in your area? For those who may be creating apps relating to this....feel free to share it here! :)
Rey Alejandro
Just following the local laws and staying at home and help relatives who's struggling to make a living.
impawuniverse
@reyalejandro Love it! It's great to follow local laws and staying home. It's quite scary because I've been connecting with some friends in USA residing on the East Coast and it's quite worrisome over there. Have friends contracted Covi19 there, and hearing from real life experience is both scary and heartbreaking. Meanwhile that's great you are helping relatives during this unprecedented time! In my local community the small family businesses really appreciate whatever support is available. Running a small business and lack of customers, requires tenacity and patience while riding out this storm! Best of luck to your relative's business! Is there any way perhaps Product Hunt community can support...maybe if know where it's located that other product hunt community residing in the area can visit and support?
Rey Alejandro
@i_m_paw I'm from the Philippines, developing country and the desperation is real — people are not able to eat, father not able to provide for their family, it's sad because they can't do anything and they are mandated to stay at home.
impawuniverse
@reyalejandro Really hoping that there is a solution to Covid. The whole world has come to a halt, small business globally definitely have been impacted...there's been news where some countries are considering loosening the restrictions in May 2020...not sure if that's the same scenario in Philippines?