What do you think some of the problems are with working remotely?

omid borjian
7 replies
For me, I struggle with the isolation of working remote. I have my own circle of friends but it's you can't really talk work and you don't get the office activities, social events and so on. I've been working on a side project and looking for some validation, what are some of the things you struggle with when working remote?

Replies

Elen Udovichenko
No problems for me - I've been working remotely for over 3 years now and can't imagine going back to the office!
omid borjian
@elen_u Awesome! Both are ideal perks one doesn't get in the office job
omid borjian
@elen_u That's amazing! what's your favorite thing about working remote?
Elen Udovichenko
@omidborjian the flexibility (I can work whenever I feel the most productive - which is often at night) and being able to spend more time with my family (my husband is also a remote worker)
Laura Vasquez
I've also been working remote for over 3 years now, but I do sometimes miss being able to see other people when working, work banter, etc. Remote work can sometimes be very lonely - especially if you live alone. However, before all of this coronavirus mess started, I would go to a café like Starbucks or Juan Valdez (a famous Colombian coffee shop) to work maybe once or twice a week. It made it feel like I was in a coworking space, and I was also able to concentrate a lot more since I was with other people who were also working or studying. At home, sometimes I get distracted. It was just something I did so that working from home wouldn't get so monotonous. Now, I'm confined to my apartment while we go through a national quarantine, but I'm trying to stay as focused as possible.
omid borjian
@laura_vasquez95 Totally! Changing the scene is a must otherwise it'll get a bit depressing after a few days... ps. I have to check out the Juan Valdez. just found one in Manhattan. thanks for sharing!
Laura Vasquez
@omidborjian Nice! I must make it a mission to one day visit the Juan Valdez in Manhattan as well :)