What problems do you have with remote teams?

Inal Karov
7 replies

Replies

flo merian
On remote work, you should definitely read the report by FYI. Among the main challenges with remote work, it highlights:
  1. Communication
  2. Social Opportunites
  3. Loneliness & Isolation
Have a read: The Remote Work Report πŸ‘‹
ji-eun chung
Not being able to hear back instantly!
Roman Bullitt
Work progress control
Dan Edwards
Personally don't see any problems that cannot be solved with the right communication and tools. However, one slight downside is not getting a chance to see your team mates IRL as much as you'd like to.
Shannon Maloney
When half of my former team was remote, I honestly found one of the most challenging things to be coordinating time-zones for team meetings. There are tons of apps for that but when you're working with more than 2 or 3 time-zones it becomes much more difficult!
Abadesi
Hmm I sometimes wonder if small remote teams aren't as close as small teams in an office, I don't know if there's value that comes from closeness though, like a positive correlation with productivity for example. But if someone craves a team they can feel close to that might be a problem they encounter on a remote team.
Paroma Indilo
Language barrier can be an issue but a bit of patience solves everything. Biggest issue has been adjusting to different time zones and working around the clock, but seeing results just makes it all worthwhile!