Makers, what are you working on this week? (w/c August 19)

Abadesi
76 replies
Hi Makers! I'm working on some new recordings of Product Hunt radio and community engagement and growth around Makers. What are you working on this week?

Replies

Chris Frantz
Building out https://nonprofithq.org - Basically makerpad.co for nonprofits 🙂
Tem Nugmanov
@frantzlight that’s a really cool idea! A friend of mine discussed making a YC for that. No immediate plans though
Chris Frantz
@tim_nugmanov Thanks! It’s been on my mind for almost a year, so I knew it was time to make it happen. Let me know if the plans become immediate!
Dan Edwards
This week I'm focused on improvements to the Makers experience, including how we can improve the first visit onboarding for new users and plan what's next for Spaces 👀
Dan Edwards
@tim_nugmanov Awesome stuff, are you enjoying it? How can we make it better for you?
Tem Nugmanov
@de Here's some top-of-head thoughts. Digital communities are tough because there are so many options and engagement needs to persistently driven/moderated – y'all are doing great work. I think a lot of theses discussions are happening in private fb,redit, slack & in-person groups :) First impression is that this "Makers" group feels more active than others. I like the 🙌🏼 emoji as an upvote mechanism. I would like to have @ and ! in the comments and goal and reply text input. I like the idea behind the goals btw but integration with task list apps would be great (or Zapier) because there is a lot of copypasta going on rn. Notification summary via email or web-based would could also helpful. Also, I recently discovered​ native shortcuts for twitter.com (https://help.twitter.com/en/usin...) and those are super cool(granted I love shortcuts). Would love some here. Lastly, I would love this capability in the iOS app and push notifications.
Ruben Lozano
This week will be working on creating dashboards, reports and alerts for KPIs. We cannot improve if we are not measure the performance of our actions. ;)
Ruben Lozano
@tim_nugmanov two projects, a Fintech company called Flanks and for a bank too. Your sounds really interesting and exciting too! 🏄‍♂️
Tkachenko Arthur ~UA~
Creating Git course, trying to finish first "product" that I'll launch on PH
Tem Nugmanov
@arthur_tkachenko Have you seen the Relatively No-frills PH Launch Checklist? Definitely, a great resource on launching for the first time!
Tkachenko Arthur ~UA~
@tim_nugmanov I think i don't saw this article. But i have more :) check this: https://artplusmarketing.com/lau...
Claire Lavelle
This week I am working on two newsletters, one granting access to Early Access Subscribers and another motivating friends and family to vote for InSpirAVE's panel topic "New Vistas & Experiences To Think Before You Buy" for this years SXSW panelpicker. Exciting week ahead!
Alex Devero
1) Shipping beta version of Trainr. 2) Starting startup consulting/building company. 3) Landing new clients for my web/app design/development company. 4) Learning Redux.
Alex Devero
@tim_nugmanov Trainr is app I am working on. It will help you track, analyze and plan strength training progress. Imagine having a personal trainer and analyst in your pocket.
Tem Nugmanov
I'm working on my 2nd no-code project! 🤘 A few weeks ago, a mentor at Techstars NYC kept recommending the 20min VC podcast with @rahulvohra, the founder of Superhuman where, Rahul describes the method their company used to measure Product/Market fit. It's super cool and easy to replicate, so I want to make an interactive guide on how to set up that process with no-code tools (@airtable, @paperformco, @zapier) I want to make it with @paperformco, @useloom and Caard! I'm just looking for an word cloud app/generator that works with Zapier ⚡
Mitch Gillogly
We're QA testing our plugin and working on the server. Getting ready for our launch at the end of the month.
Sohaib Nadeem
Start implementing Branding Strategies I learnt last week. Hope to kick start it if not achieve 25%.
Hardik Vishwakarma
This week our focus is to build a resume parser for our SaaS recruiting tool "Recooty". Also, we have launched Recooty 2.0 on Product Hunt today!
Moses Enyinnaya
I'm working on a new chrome extension that would use the twitter api to post directly to your twitter from any website at all
Tem Nugmanov
@enyinnaya_moses Cool! that reminds me of a webflow/medium feature that lets you tweet any highlighted text!
Moses Enyinnaya
@tim_nugmanov Yeah, any idea how it could be more different? I'd appreciate
Tem Nugmanov
@enyinnaya_moses well the aforementioned tools are deployed by the website/software owners! A chrome extension is for users, which is cool. I think Highly has a tweet it function but the team has moved on to Twitter though.
Jeremy R
@abadesi As a non-technical founder, trying to create, monitor and iterate a SaaS website.
Jeremy R
@abadesi Expensively. I’m hiring out my technical development. Whatforwork is looking good but there’s still a lot to do. Wish I had a technical Cofounder who shared my vision willing to work 80 hrs a week on the dream.
Tem Nugmanov
@abadesi @whatforwork Have you considered making no-code prototypes?
Jeremy R
@abadesi @tim_nugmanov unfortunately that’s not an option for me because of the nature of my site. It’s a jobs library. Whatforwork.com is the site if you want some context. That being said, I have been using Wordpress plugins wherever possible.
Akshat Jagga
@tim_nugmanov That might have happened because the app is currently only available on the indian app store and play store. It's also the reason why we haven't launched it on PH yet!
Wei Chun
Working on building designmoh's portfolio and website! Check us out at http://designmoh.com/
Pablo Porfirio
Setting up my desk for a video shoot. Need some B-roll for my Kickstarter project that I'm almost finished with. Waiting for a light, reflector and mic to finish it up.
Artem Zakharchenko
Working on a side project, while also preparing the biggest update to https://github.com/kettanaito/at.... Finally got some time to refresh my knowledge with GraphQL.
Fabian de Laender
This week I’m focused on building new (healthy) habits. I’m going to meditate again and get back into reading books. Also, I’m going to try the Ivy Lee method as a productivity strategy for my daily tasks, and I’ll be sharing these goals with you on PH — which is quite a thrill for me! 🤓
Dhruv Bhatia
I'm working on refining my product and fixing bugs
Rahul
Updates for the Makers Feed 🤞
Patrick Samy
This week, I'm working on an in-app community chat for Span (using Twilio Chat). Our #1 requested feature from diabetic users!