Why do you attend conferences?

Inal Karov
7 replies

Replies

Abadesi
I rarely go to conferences but when I do its to hear from the well known speakers and connect with people in the industry who I admire IRL. How about you @ikarov?
Abadesi
@ikarov What you are describing feels like a Zoom meeting. Can you MVP it with Zoom or a similar product? I have only created products that are personal to me. I think of problems which I have faced and work on solutions for them. I can't make everyone believe in my products but I can get people who understand the problem to. That's what works for me.
Inal Karov
@abadesi Since I work as a developer, almost all reports are similar. I go there for contacts and networking. I am developing a platform where everyone can create a conference on any topic and accept applications from people who will be interested. At the end of the conference 'face to face' mode via video or text chat start a discussion. So you can: talk to all participants, gather interesting contacts, find new partners, etc. Sorry for my bad English πŸ˜€
Abadesi
@ikarov nice idea! like a remote conference? that seems to be more popular these days.
Inal Karov
@abadesi Yes, exactly. But what confuses me is that it will be like regular online webinars, with the ability to talk 'face to face'. Now it is difficult for me to find value for my product. I doubt it. How did you find the value of Elpha? And how did you make other people believe in this product?
Niko Wallner
For meeting new people and boosting my knowledge! But networking is little bit more important, I think.