โญ What are you all doing to stay sane while at home? ๐Ÿฆ„

Steven Male
21 replies
Just wanted to make a thread about what we are all doing to live our best lives while there is a lot of physical distancing going on ATM ๐Ÿ˜ What books are you reading? What tools are you using? What games are you playing? Are you finding it easier to work on your startup or harder?

Replies

Erika Uchinaite
I've been FaceTiming quite a bit with friends, cooking, and reading 'Mindset' by Carol S. Dweck. Also, a few days ago, I put together a website with a list of activities that you can do while stuck at home so building this out has been a project itself that gets me excited about the day. What have you been doing?
Steven Male
@erikauch What's the website?? ๐ŸŽ‰ Just came back from a holiday in Taiwan back to New Zealand so sorting out my life now ๐Ÿ˜‚
Abadesi
I'm reading the Ember in the Ashes trilogy, on book 2 now - so good! Tools wise I've got the watercolors out so I'm not doing too much screen time. hbu?
Anamika Chaudhary
In between evaluating the best and cheapest video conference tool, since all the meetings that I was supposed to have will now have to be online. Our product is a trip planning product and we had plans of getting our first set of users this month, but that's not happening..so we just decided to develop more and launch a little later. I guess, am sounding too low, I will go buy the latest release of Ori and chill for a few hours :D
Kelly Robert Graver
@anamikachaudhary Once you find your tool, would you be willing to try out my app tendii.io along with it? It's meant to make remote meetings and calls more productive
Anamika Chaudhary
@krgraver had a look at your website. Looks very useful. Would definitely give it a try. Thanks!
Sharon Lin
Having a regular workout routine + eating and working at regular hours definitely helps keep up my energy levels and keeps me sane. I've also been meditating for a while now, and even five minutes a day helps a ton with reducing anxiety levels and improving focus (so crucial when there's so much COVID-19 media floating around).
Erika Uchinaite
@sharontlin that's awesome! What kind of workout are you doing -- are you using any app or guide for it?
Chaker
As I have a lot of work to do on my laptop. I actually use my own app to keep good posture for long periods. It also helps me to remind myself to stretch. If I had some time I would play the multiplayer of Battlefield 4. The app to stay healthy when you use your computer: https://backwatcher.ml
Ryan Hoover
I live with my girlfriend so thankfully having another person around makes things less lonely. If anything, her and I have grown closer together during this time. I'm sure the same is true for other relationships.
@rrhoover I live with my GF too. So the isolation doesn't make me feel lonely at all. Besides work, we sing, dance, bite each other (it hurts!), drink wine, cook together and watch anime. We definitely became much closer (๏ฝกโ—•โ€ฟโ€ฟโ—•๏ฝก)
Steven Male
@rrhoover That's wonderful. Sounds wholesome ๐Ÿ˜ I just came back from Taiwan to New Zealand so now I've got 14-days of self isolation :( I just want to be with my partner again ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Samar Mustafa
Lots of exercise with my two kids, gardening, and reading... ...and User testing https://www.teamstack.co and gathering insight on how Teamstack can help remote working friends.
Alejandro Portillo Guerrero
So plenty of time to do other things that didn't have time before: - Catching up with some changes at home - Playing boardgames - Looking for new projects to start But luckily we got a dog and go outside a bit with him so we can enjoy some fresh air but miss a lot basketball.
Steven Male
@alejandro_portillo_guerrero Amazing. I was a few weeks away from getting a cat before New Zealand went into lock-down ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ Would have been much nicer with an animal around!
Alejandro Portillo Guerrero
@stevenmale_ Yeah it's great, although I am suffering for him a bit also because its a puppy, and he just wants to go outside and play all day long and we can't do that for now. A cat as you were saying would be perfect because you don't need to take him out. Hope you are able too get it at some point!
Anamika Chaudhary
@alejandro_portillo_guerrero let me know if you are interested in playing group games online with your friends. We had a chat based travel collaboration platform, now we are pivoting to chat based group games and would be ready in a couple of weeks.
Christine Orchard
Cooking with inspo from https://www.lastingredient.com/ (mostly veggie stuff). Last weekend I made sun-dried tomatoes! Trying to focus on the simple pleasures of home cooking and real food.
Steven Male
@christine_orchard OMG yay thanks for the share too! I'm vegan and it all looks incredible. Oh how lovely. I've never made sun-dried tomatoes :o Maybe I'll try this week!
Radhika Mohan Singh Roy
I am reading Awareness by Anthony De Mello, using EngageBay, playing Chess, and finding remote work to be more productive for the team and the business.
Brent Byrne
I recently finished reading "1984" by George Orwell. One of my favorite books of all-time! For tools, my team has been using Quire Mobile 5.0 for our team projects and Slack or Zoom for our meetings. Useful apps for WFH.