What are the characteristics of a good project manager?

Viktoriia Lemizhanska
5 replies
Just gathereing thoughts to understand the real situation and those think which should be iimproved :) As for me, the main characteristic of a good PM (it's not about the classic feature set) is the ability to listen and hear

Replies

Niko Wallner
Ability to listen and persuade, good self management and time management skills.
Abadesi
Great question! Listening is definitely very important, I also think they should be open minded and willing to change course or direction depending on the data that's available. We tend to have a sunk cost fallacy when making decisions and a good characteristic should be the willingness to try something new or even start again if something isn't working.
Viktoriia Lemizhanska
@abadesi Definitely agree. Also i am thinking about the confidence in a team. I mean that even if something goes wrong, you need to trust your team, because these are the people you've gathered
Viktoriia Lemizhanska
@abadesi @niko_wallner probably, we can say that confidence is a quality of good team. I mean that it's hard to call a "team" those people who are not sure in each other and who are not reliable