What do you do when you need motivation?

Astha Sharma
11 replies
Sometimes it's easy to be discouraged or lose motivation in work, what are ways you get that back?

Replies

Louis Grenard
@astha_sharma I go for a walk by thinking of the next small chunk that I can iterate quickly. When I'm back home, I take a cold shower, then I stop thinking and just do the thing. Hours later I'm still there working. I believe the hardest part in such context is to get started.
Johan Bavaud
Hi @astha_sharma Run like : "Look at that dude in a hurry to catch the bus, HEY, RUN FORREST RUN!" Then take a shower. And go back at work/make/create/develop. Hope this helps !
jølly🔥good
@astha_sharma my "flow tape" playlist from Spotify, huge earphones & cold Club Mate :)
Julie Chabin
@astha_sharma Having a healthy lifestyle helps for sure. When I lack motivation, I start my day with something small I can check off my to-do pretty easily. It usually motivates me and put me in a state of mind where I feel I can achieve things.
Kristina Liburd
@astha_sharma Sometimes it means listening to pump up music that makes me want to move; Other times its simply taking a break. Every once in awhile I just look to Beyonce as well and be like - well damn I got to get off my duff and do something :)
Dhruv Bhatia
@astha_sharma Just put on the trance playlist on Spotify and you're good to go :)
Abadesi
Uplifting music helps! Or any type of movement - a walk outside, a sun salutation!
Andy Foley
Go to the gym. Listen to music. Meditate.
Le
Talking to those in my life who really inspire me! I have a sticky note titled "Motivator Hotline" and it's a list of people I always can reach out too if I feel like I need to be doing better