Where do you go for movie reviews?

Mitch Gillogly
16 replies
We're building a web app/plugin around movies and reviews! Where do you get your movie reviews from?

Replies

Mitch Gillogly
@aline_tan Is the product I describe below something you'd use? If so, can we get your email to let you know when we launch?
Mitch Gillogly
@dominic_gadoury What do you look at to make a viewing decision? The overall score, user reviews, critic reviews, something else? Do you ever write reviews?
Dominic Gadoury
@mitchgillogly Just the overall score. Unless it's something I'm really interested in, I look for a score of 80 or higher.
Mitch Gillogly
@dominic_gadoury My team's working on a chrome plugin allowing users to write movie reviews immediately after streaming & see reviews in a web app provided by people in their social networks. We're also looking to pull in existing reviews from additional platforms. Is this something you'd use or do you have any feedback?
Dominic Gadoury
@mitchgillogly Probably not - would usually rely on an app for that kind of information given my laptop is primarily for work purposes.
Keyul
@mitchgillogly youtube. from public reaction on 1st day of release
Mitch Gillogly
@keyul What YouTube videos? Any specific channels? What about older movies or movies you want to stream?
Abadesi
@mitchgillogly I started trying to avoid movie reviews so I can watch stuff with a fresh mind but usually IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes :)
Astha Sharma
@mitchgillogly Rotten Tomatoes, Reddit & just Google searches!
Mitch Gillogly
@astha_sharma We're launching in 4-5 weeks and it's a chrome plugin allowing users to write movie reviews after streaming & see reviews in a web app provided by people in their social networks. We're also looking to pull in reviews from other platforms such as rotten tomatoes or Youtube to build an all-encompassing review platform. Is this something you'd use? If you're interested can we get your email in the Google form below to keep you updated? https://forms.gle/VmL6Naa5uG6dWz2o8 Thanks for your feedback!
Mitch Gillogly
@thierrymaout Letterboxd is good! Not a lot of people have heard of Letterboxd though. Is the product we're developing above something you'd use? Thanks for the feedback!
Peyton Goen
@mitchgillogly I like looking on IMDB, and comparing critic and public reviews and scores. Some of the most interesting movies are those where the critics and the public disagree!
Mitch Gillogly
@peyton I totally agree! Do you think you'd use the product I list above? We're Primarily concerned with friends based reviews at first. But want to expand an all-encompassing platform for wherever you get your reviews to save you time and have a more engaging experience.