Do you have a "Guilty Pleasure" product?

Dan Edwards
61 replies
For me it's Timehop. I'm kinda addicted to it (currently on a 762-day streak) 🙈 What's yours?

Replies

Phillip Martin
@de no love for Pinterest?? Have to admit I find it weird that its my go to app when stuck at traffic lights but there you go.
Dan Edwards
@phillip_martin I love Pinterest, but don't consider it a guilty pleasure (for me at least)!
Phillip Martin
Fair enough, I'm guessing your probably more productive with it than I am tbh!! anyway feel better about it now ;)
Julie Chabin
@de Same, Timehop every morning! What's your streak today?
Abadesi
@de @syswarren No I deleted Timehop so long ago, I'm all about living in the present. That said I consider Instagram a "Guilty Pleasure" because I can't count the time I spend on it productive yet I'm on it soooo much. I love their AI filters 🤓
Kseniia Goldovska
@de @syswarren same thing! My streak is 393 for today, kinda proud of myself :D
Jarod Stewart
@abadesi if you spend 5 minutes a day on Instagram, it adds up to ~1 day in a year. :D
Justin Ahn
@de Instagram, hands down. I even use hashtags #imsecretlyateenager...
Lucas Hogendoorn
Using hashtags would kind of make you the opposite of a normal teenager haha
Ryan Hoover
@de just a little heavy whipping cream in my Philz ;)
Emerson Dameron
@de Twitter and reddit. Got to have that rage fix.
Jun Gong
@de Mine is Steemit, earn $ by 👍👎 #guilty
Parth Shrivastava
@de Instagram, hands down. Nobody is coming close nowadays.
Dan Edwards
@parth_sh Interesting many others consider Instagram a guilty pleasure, I hadn't even thought of it that way...
Kevin
@de Twitter. But also Journal One, it's funny to see what was on my mind "n" years ago.
Dan Edwards
@keeev Yeah, same for me with Timehop!
Jan Kovařík
@de For me it's definitely Netflix, especially when a new series of my favorite show is out.
Dan Edwards
@jankovarik Yeah! What show's are you loving at the moment?
Jan Kovařík
@de I'm going for Rick and Morty, again, from a season 1 - as I saw it only twice before :B
Dan Edwards
@jankovarik Hah! I've still hardly watched Rick and Morty!
Astha Sharma
@de I'd say Instagram or Snapchat lol trying to spend less time on them though. Soo impressive with Timehop! I would never last more than a few months.
Dan Edwards
@astha_sharma Hah, I never thought I would to be honest!
Abdullah Al Mallak
@de hands down Instagram, anybody has got anyway to beat it's addictive algorithms, please share :)
Dennis
@de @abdullah_mallak Delete it off your phone until it's not a habit, then when you redownload it (if ever) keep all the notifications off. That has worked for me - I honestly barely even check it now.
Abdullah Al Mallak
@de @dennis2 I have the notifications off for almost a year and a half, it's the habit of scrolling endlessly that I need to overcome. but yea might give the deletion a shot. thanks a lot :)
Dan Edwards
@abdullah_mallak Haha, lots of people saying Instagram!
Adeline Casagranda
@de For me It'll be "Le Monde" Newspaper, first thing in the morning, and last at night.
Dan Edwards
@ad_cas ooh interesting choice!
Jimmy Hsu
@de definitely messenger as I'm in ~40 active group chats.
Masry
@de Netflix no question
Dan Edwards
@elmasryahmed favourite show right now?
Masry
@de orange is the new black
Karming Chin
@de Love scrolling around Flipp each time I hit the bathroom - always gotta check what's on sale haha
Achi Ram
@de Twitter. Wasting too much time there. Punished by the Flying Spaghetti Monster recently by getting kicked out after a series of unfortunate password errors after my phone got stolen. Starting fresh now maybe it will help me kick the habit a bit.
Dan Edwards
@achi_ram yikes! Do you want to simply spend less time on Twitter or none at all?