What hacks did you use to speed up the development of your MVP?

Junior Owolabi
3 replies
To create an MVP is costly and time consuming, to get from idea to implementation it took me just under 2 months. - How long did it take you? - Did you use opensource code? - Did you use prototyping software? - Did you write any tests? - Did you wirite with a bad time complexity? - Did someone else help you write code? - Did remove any features? - etc.

Replies

~ Estate
• 3 weeks • Yes • No • Yes • Yes • Yes • Yes
Andre
I'm using a VueJS/VuetifyJS frontend and Firebase backend. Bento is a great Vue and Firebase PWA template for this. It will speed up your development. https://github.com/kefranabg/ben...
Jess Tan
I just launched www.workoutsesh.com couple weeks ago and took ~ 2 months after my main job with with periods of on and off. I did everything by myself, the design, coding, content and marketing. In hindsight I learnt that I could have sped up a lot of work if I outsourced some parts which I'm not the best in -- like coding, it took me quite a while to learn/build an entire new FE/BE stack at the same time. - How long did it take you? 2 month~~ - Did you use opensource code? VueJS, firebase, libraries as much as possible, bootstrap - Did you use prototyping software? Nope - Did you write any tests? Nope - Did you wirite with a bad time complexity? Yes hahah but my product doesn't require a lot of computing so this was ok. - Did someone else help you write code? Nope. - Did remove any features? SO.MANY. I removed about 70% of my features for MVP as my goal for the first launch was to validate the POC. I wanted to be able to bring value to the customers as soon as possible. Since it was a workout app, I wanted my users to start working out immediately. This was when I discarded the login/sign up capability to fav/track their workouts as this was not essential in the MVP. Ending note: Do not build things from scratch or reinvent things that are already out there in terms of code development. Use bootstrap, animations lib, codepens to speed up your progress :)