What are your biggest frustrations with the no-code application when you used?

Lilith
16 replies

Replies

Jana Cagorovic
limited customization :)
Lilith
@jana_c Is there any specific circumstance you found it hard to meet your requirement?
Pauline Anne
maybe the first time I used Bubble, as a beginner I had a hard time understanding it but Im glad that I finished the website I made. How about yours?
Lilith
@paulinneanne yes, some tools have a steep learning curve which is not easy to start with. Actually, we are building a flexible platform that combines database, project management and workflow automation all in one. Our structure is more open and let users easy to access.
Cream
I used Airtable for project management before, its learning curve is tough. It took me some time to figure out how some features work.
Ricki Lawal
I found it difficult to determine which no code solution was best to use to build a marketplace. The current big players on the market are great at certain elements e.g landing pages, e-commerce, product marketplaces, but not as much for service marketplaces.
Thomas Gariel
In Bubble, the fact that some data types are purposedly more 'friendly' for non-technical people makes it a bit confusion for somewhat technical people to translate back into technical terms. E.g.: booleans in Bubble appear as 'yes' or 'no' in the built-in database, instead of 'true' or 'false'. It's a small thing but it was confusing to me in the beginning.
Lena Sesardic
@thomas_gariel haha the creation of a solution is almost always the creation of a new problem!
Sean Jackson
Two things... 1) Pre-built designs/templates that are professional. Most no-code applications have numerous ways to build out a solution but rarely include professional designs/templates for the target devices. 2) Making logic loops and arrays easy to understand. Basic conditionals and other simple programming logic is often very hard to represent for the average user. Non-coders think in sentences (if this then that) and don't always understand how to use arrays of data (find everything in this list that matches X).
Lilith
@seanthinks2020 is there any specific designs/templates you are looking for? :)
Sean Jackson
@lilith_c I think it depends on what situations you are targeting. My point is that it is easier to pick a theme that has all the basic components ready that looks great on any device than trying to create an entire layout from scratch. For example, if you provide a tool for building a PWA for a phone, then I would expect a design template ready for phones. Hope this helps.
Lilith
@seanthinks2020 Yes, no-code platforms should provide solutions that automatically adapt to various devices, and provide professional templates to reduce user's learning curve. IFTTT and the visual interface do help some novices, but it is a bit difficult for them to understand data types and data structures. Indeed, I think platforms should try to reduce the number of programmer descriptions and build the process through natural language in terms of user experience. Thank you for your advice!
Alexander Gurov
When you are trying to do something really big, some no code products become cluttered by tables, sections, etc. I like folders in Coda - it helps to organize things. I'm thinking that there is a big difference between no-code solutions: some of them are just adding fancy automation to simple processes and others are real game-changers who could replace professional tools. In both ways - UX is very important.
Lilith
@alexander_gurov Well, it's important to make sure everything is organized, casue that's why we use productivity tools, right? :) Coda is a nice tool that connects spreadsheets, data, or tasks through documents. Maybe doc isn't the only solution. We are designing a portal page where all the important items or data are presented in a fully customized mode, while combining some automated processes to reduce chaos. Of course, UX is a really important thing for the product. BTW, if you build a personal workboard, which way do you give priority to use, a doc to connect all or design your portal page by simple dragging?