Looking for early feedback before Product Hunt launch

Usama Khalid
9 replies
Sup guys! I'm about to launch my product on ProductHunt but I'm looking for some early feedbacks/testimonials before that. It's a personal branding/content tool. It's called QuotePik.com Link: https://quotepik.com It basically add famous quotes, a cool gradient overlay and your social media branding on your photos. You download photos and share them daily on your social media. Drop your feedback below. Peace!

Replies

Ivan  Popov
@usama_khalid I think the idea is good enough for the first MVP and what you need to do now is to start developing a marketing strategy and define your ideal user. Also,​ the monetization needs​​d to be improved, cause I don't know why to pay $7/month for these​ features. I guess you can make it totally free and sell advance features by $7 and more. Need to promote it on social media and give to try to bloggers​ for their reviews and get more leads. I would be thankful if you can also give me ​feedback for my Product - https://importigy.com :)
Usama Khalid
@ivan_popov3 Yeah! it is possible. We can do it. In free version we will not even host user photos. It'll be all client side. btw what do you mean by reference? how it is different than watermark?
Usama Khalid
@ivan_popov3 Hi Ivan! Thanks for your feedback. Yeah! we are still working on our monetization. We're thinking of making it to 3$/month for lite plan and 9$/month for advanced in which you'll lot of more options of customization. We can make it free with watermark but to remove watermark they share about us on social media (social currency)
Ivan  Popov
@usama_khalid Hi Usama! One more idea also to consider about. Maybe you can offer a totally free version with basic features without a ​watermark but with the reference​ on the bottom? And I recommend you to think about how you would be useful for bloggers or others? Thank you :)
Fabian Kutschera
@usama_khalid I think the idea is pretty good. However, after looking at the website, I am not sure who is your target user? Private users, media agencies? I assume it's rather the latter!? Then I am not sure if your MVP scope is too specific by focussing only on quotes images. As an agency, I don't want to use e.g. canva for campaigns and your product for quotes - but one tool for all my creatives...
Usama Khalid
@fabian_kutschera Thanks Fabian for your feedback. Our target users are private users (influencers, entrepreneurs, personal brands anyone who is serious in personal branding). Right now we are focusing on Quotes only. Our product is completely different than Canva. You just setup it one time and then download your image by just few clicks everyday.
Fabian Kutschera
@usama_khalid ok. I used canva recently and all my details are saved there too though so its a matter of seconds too. Anyway, good luck.
Afshana Diya
Hi @usama_khalid, I think the idea is cool for the people who rely just on the quotes as social content. However, have you thought if you want to narrow your scope in that place only? Because, for agencies or people like me who handles a number of brands - we want one tool for all the creatives, as @fabian_kutschera already mentioned. Canva offers around 8K templates for free and has 400K illustrations and templates in the pro version which cost me around $10 month. Then again Stencil having a lifetime deal at AppSumo for $49. So probably you can think in details about target users and scope. Another quick thought: in your pricing page, instead of 'Includes all great features', you can mention the features individually - like 'Personalized Photos, Gradients, etc'. It would be easier to understand the differences between Free and Pro. :)
Usama Khalid
@afshana_diya Appreciate your feedback! We are just getting started we'll be adding more different features into it. We can't compete with Canva even if we make same product like that. We are focusing on creating automated content creation with no or minimal human touch. That's our goal. We decided to start at 3$/month for lite and 9$/month for pro plan. Pricing page fixed now! Once again. Thanks for all your feedback!