What tool do you use for tracking your time management?

Evan Fishman
25 replies
This tool can be related to anything that has to do with managing a project's tasks and/or has time tracking capability.

Replies

Christine Dart
@evan_fishman Timeular is amazing. Comes with a device with 8 sides so you can flip it based on which type project you’re working on.
Evan Fishman
@christinebri hahah ohhh man... Take it easy on yourself. It happens! At least you still use the app :P
Evan Fishman
@christinebri Thanks for the reply. Woahh!! That's awesome, def going to check this out! That reminds me of https://www.gettiller.com/ with the device.
Christine Dart
@evan_fishman oh that thing is neat, pretty sleek too. Here is the site for Timeular https://timeular.com The device is cool, people would always be like what the heck is that thing?! But I just use their app at this point (because I accidentally broke my device 😂) but I really love the layout because it breaks the time down into nice charts so it’s easy for me to separate the tasks that I timed when I do my invoicing later on. You separate each task with hashtags so you can just search that hashtag in the charts later on and see all the hours you put into it. You can also filter by day, of course, or by client (I use @ for client names). This way when I inevitably put off invoicing for a month, it doesn’t take me long to go through and separate everything. I think their pro version might do some kind of invoicing too. The free version of the app is everything I need though.
Evan Fishman
@christinebri you must of been throwing that thing all the time hahaah. I guess they need to make it more durable. You should totally get a replacement for free, if I was you. Yeah the app sounds great! I love the hashtag idea.
Christine Dart
@evan_fishman I wish I could say that’s how, but actually it’s because I got the battery stuck in it when trying to change it like an IDIOT 😂 Turned out it didn’t even need to be changed - they had changed the platform over so that you didn’t need to use a Bluetooth dongle any more and I didn’t get the memo or do the update, so my device wasn’t connecting anymore and I thought the battery had died 🤦🏼‍♀️
Meral Arik
@evan_fishman I use Trello to manage tasks! As far as time management, haven't used it as much as I'd like but mytomatoes.com is an awesome online pomodoro tracker worth checking out :)
Evan Fishman
@meralarik Thanks for the reply! Trello is great! I've used that for managing tasks as well. Thanks for showing me mytomatoes.com! I am totally going to use this!
Ferenc Forgacs
@evan_fishman I used toggle for years. Still one of my favorite for time tracking: https://www.producthunt.com/post... It was the most helpful for me during my freelancing years. I used it to track all of my projects.
Evan Fishman
@feriforgacs Thanks for the reply! Yes toggl is great and my go to. Love the layout it has, making it easy to incorporate trackable tasks.
Jane Sorensen
@evan_fishman I record blocks of intentional time or "this is the time I spent on…" on projects in iCal/Google Calendar (synced), and I write things down in my agenda both as intentions and as "I did this today." I also record the weather of that day because there are two major keys to placing a memory in a way that you can then find the date that something occurred: what was it like outside that day? where did I go and spend money? if you have a record of these things, you can pull them up and remember, contextualize, the things that stood out.
Evan Fishman
@janerette Thank you for the reply! I love that technique with contextualizing! This would be great to incorporate in an application!
Omar Hijaz
@evan_fishman not to toot my own horn 🎺 but I made SILO as a silent pomodoro timer for your wrist, and to track hours at the same time ⌚️
Evan Fishman
@imvassilis Thanks for the reply! Do you use the paid version?
Dmitry Monin
@evan_fishman I recommend DAESK. It's 100% free and has great time analytics & invoicing features.
Evan Fishman
@leogdion Thanks for the reply! Do you use the paid version?
leogdion
@evan_fishman no I do not. I haven’t found it worthwhile to me.