To all designers out there, what are the tools you use? I am talking about the tools you use every day, the tools that are absolutely vital to your work!
- Replaces Illustrator and Photoshop for my workflowBest tool out there to design. Right from quick flowcharts & wireframes to detailed pixel perfect designs.
- Design handover is a breeze with zeplin. Love the commenting feature too. Devs love it coz all the design assets come ready in all sizes and formats at their fingertips.
- Maintaining a collaborative design ecosystem is a large undertaking. Wake provides a no-bullshit environment where my team can mind-meld and I can constantly have a high level view of how design projects are taking shape. Teamwork makes the dream work.
- When I need to show animations in just a minute. New mirroring with saving prototypes for offline usage is awesome by the way.
- I am a software developer who also does UX and I love the simplicity of the tool.
- I love the flexibility of Framer Studio. With new updates for quickly adding components, working with Type, an active community sharing their work, and easily sharing animations and transitions with developers, this is a tool I can't live without. It's easy to share my prototypes with the team using Framer Cloud too. Can't say enough about this awesome tool.
- I use Sketch and Webflow. There is a little learning curve to get around the editor, however, I'm always doing more than I've planned, especially by making use of its powerful interactions.
- Love this tool and here is why: as a product designer, I worry about making a design perfect, but after passing a design process, UI often gets worse by weak collaboration with developers and the final app design just doesn't look the same with what I've designed: distances, colors, fonts, positions might be WRONG. But hopefully, there is a solution - Flawless App which allows to magically compare Sketch design and final design in Xcode. I am confident that a Sketch design will be delivered with the exact look.
- I implemented this tool @meetcircle and the team still uses it. I also use it to power all my personal digital design work for screens and web. Figma is the best interface design tool on the market, bar none. Components allow you to build living design systems on your own or with a team of people.I transferred my team over to Figma from Sketch and I love it!. The real-time collaboration is key.
- Use it all the time. Annotations, Screensharings etc.
- A very simple tool to create interactive prototypes
- Despite not prototyping every day, I pull up the Atomic site every day to collaborate with devs, explain a product to users, and test prototypes of new features with research participants. After you build up a library of prototypes, you understand how powerful this practice can be, whether or not you use Atomic or some other prototyping tool.
- iA Writer (and Google Docs for the final shared document). Perfect place for throwing ideas down and solidifying them. I use iA writer along with Sketch as the first part of any project and as the screens become more and more fleshed out start moving more and more of the notes into the Sketch file itself.