- James Rose made this productHelps collect all kinds of info, as well as documents and files
Content Snare is a great tool for gathering content from clients with as little resistance possible. The clients I recommended it to thought it was great fun to use and got them involved.
An idea that was always there hidden.. brought to a reality.. making a process that was in chaotic more organised. Contentsnare have simply just solved one of the biggest hurdles any web designer would face. Back then you see all the content gathered from the client and then imagine the website. Now you can first imagine the website along with the client and then get Contentsnare to build the basic template and gather the content accordingly.. edit remove and add till you and your client would reach a common ground.. and then build it.. A more streamlined process for a better design workflow.
- It's a simple chat dedicated to practice management that doesn't require clients to register or install any application. You can collect files and information easily and everything will be immediately organized and archived in cloud.James and Content Snare add amazing value to my web agency. I could not get my projects completed on time and Content Snare made that a thing of the past. It’s not just for web agencies either. Anyone who needs content (text or images) from a client or supplier can make great use of Content Snare. 💯💯
- You're definitely looking for some automation here! Tonkean would be a great fit. I would set up your workflow to look something like the following - 1. Define your process. (i.e. reach out to clients via email, they send you their documents, you then upload to Box, etc.) 2. Create a List within Tonkean called 'Clients' 3. For each of these clients, create Tracks with their names as the title (i.e. Client 1, Client 2, etc) 4. For Sub-Tracks or Inner-Tracks, name these the documents you're looking to collect (i.e. Signed Contract, Project Brief with Edits, etc.) 5. Login or integrate your preferred platforms and/or communication methods 6. Define your needs to Tonkean (i.e. when a customer adds something new to box, alert their account manager; the options for these triggers are endless) 6. Watch the magic happen! Tonkean, based on the information you've given it and the due dates you've assigned, will reach out to your clients and team members and request them to update statuses for each of the documents or work that they owe you. Tonkean can do this via your preferred communication method, whether it be email, Slack or Microsoft Teams. It's an AI-powered bot, so it's pretty smart! Your clients can then link to their documents and all of these links will be hosted within your Tonkean dashboard. We're actually working on a bunch of new features that will make workflows like this even more seamless. Can you say two-way sync? If you have any questions, feel free to reach out! I promise Tonkean will be a game changer for you, especially with this workflow.
As we all know, it’s very rare to find a product that makes you stop and be like “This is awesome. Where has this been all my life!?” I’ve been using Tonkean daily for the the past 6 months, and am addicted. As a product marketing manager I work very cross-functionally and have always struggled with where and how to track and organize all the different things I work on. I’ve tried lots of task management, project management, and collaboration tools, but always ended up back in sticky notes, docs, spreadsheet, and calendar reminders to follow up. Tonkean changed this. While docs and spreadsheets are still useful for somethings of course, I now manage everything in Tonkean — my “worklist” of projects and action items, 1-1s with my boss, cross-functional campaigns, and success of key customers I’m working with. Tonkean allows me to pull in data from all different sources (which used to be manual) so I have a view of the key metrics I care about. It also automatically gathers the status of items at the right time from the relevant owner, and provides visibility of all updates and changes in Slack or via email. Oh! And did I mention it reminds me of things I wrote down but may have forgotten about? I could go on and on, but moral of the story is: get it, play with it, and I promise you’ll love it!
We have been using Tonkean since before it was in Beta. It has shortened our Weekly Delivery Meetings by providing an easy way to bring in Data from Jira and Salesforce and review instead of transposing data into a new format.
The ability to integrate into Slack and gather updates where our Delivery Team already is has been a game changer. It keeps everyone from asking status and allows people to just work and provide updates when prompted. If I need an update out of cycle, I can use Tonkean to prompt for it.
Tonkean has been critical for our team to grow. It has provided insight to our leadership at the right level as needed.
- James Sampson made this productExactly what this platform is built to do.Hands down, the best tool on the market for requesting and collecting documents and files from clients. Fileinvite will also link to your cloud storage and do your filing for you!Best software tool to request and collect documents, files, contracts and supporting information from customers. Gives customers an easy to use client portal and you a great workflow and dashboard to manage all your customers' documents.
- Its eDocs and Proposals feature (https://www.agilecrm.com/edocs-a...) will help you. With it, you can - Add Documents to Agile CRM - Attach Documents Directly to Deals - - Electronic Signing of Documents - Configure the PDF Download on Form Submission This being a CRM tool can help you access, store and manage all your doc from a single platform irrespective of the no. of clients you have. Hope I helped! :)