- Great UI, Stats on time your listening, Trim Silence, Speed, Auto Download, make lists, All you need is here!It's been my favourite podcast app for 2+ years now. Easy to use, sync with multiple devices, clean look and a lot of extra features (variable speed, 30s jumps, etc).
- Overcast is my go to podcast player! For streaming on Mac you can use PodcastMenu.Pretty happy with it. There's a review here that might help http://thesweetsetup.com/apps/ou... with a main feature being that you can vary the speed of the podcast (don't speed up John Lee Dumas though he already sounds like he's on helium).
- I've been using this for the past few weeks. I really like it so far. Works well = UI is really nice. Social/friends aspect is nice as well. Makes finding new podcasts easier.I also recommend Breaker, mainly due to the discovery features. With it offering recommendations on a per-episode basis, which I find a lot more beneficial than an entire new show.
- the ios11 podcasting app is *actually* very good! I've been waiting for apple to take podcasting seriously for almost a decade and they finally have. It's less buggy, cleaner, fewer frustrations. I was hopping from podcast app to podcast app and all of them fell short until i updated to the ios11 betaThe built in one is not perfect, but it's the best option. Also, it's too annoying to switch because I don't want to lose my listening history / subscriptions.
- Player.fm is the best in the business.The best thing about the podcast is the forward and rewind buttons in the notification panel.
- So powerful, it puts all other podcast players to shame, in any platform. Pretty much the only option for serious podcast listeners on Android. You can create categories, discover podcasts and add them from the app, manage audio and video podcasts, skip blank audio, increase and decrease playback speed by 0.1 increments (for video as well!) and the setting will be remembered *per podcast feed*, enable individual episode cover art, manage Youtube subscriptions from the app (unfortunately Youtube forbids downloading) and play the episodes inside the app, etc etc etc...I've used Instacast on iOS and several other podcast apps on Android after I switched to Android platform some years ago, when my brother showed me Podcast Addict. OMG. Podcast Addict is the best podcast app EVER made. Tons of features and as sandro mentioned it puts all other apps to shame. The developer is very keen on fixing bugs and very helpful.
- Aesthetically, it's pretty basic, but there are plenty of settings to help you tailor the experience to your tastes. Plus, there are official iOS and Mac apps available, which ideal if, like me, you listen both via your phone and laptop. P.s. If anyone knows of any other podcast apps that have both native iOS and Mac apps, please let me know. I couldn't find any others when I was in the market.
- Spotify added a number of podcasts - check them out. Flip side is, they are mobile only for now, and some have country restrictions. I've relegated iTunes to second place already for music, in favor of Spotify. Will switch fully once they add desktop and reduce limitations.
- 60dB is primarily focused on delivering personalized feeds of short form audio to the listener, but there is also standard podcast management, including customized playlists for subsets of shows and keywords that dynamically populate over time (This one titled The Resistance is a fun one: https://60db.co/collection/5ee24...)
- I've been using DoggCatcher for at least five (5) years (if not longer). It doesn't seem to be as 'known' as others (maybe because there is no iOS version). One great feature is the sync across devices - "One Feed to control them all!" I like that you can create your own 'virtual feed' when I download an audio book or radio drama. And from their site: ChromeCast- cast audio and video to your ChromeCast device Easy to find new podcasts/feeds Fully automated download and cleanup of media files Offline playback of audio and video Actively developed and supported Highly configurable Variable speed playback Categories for feeds Supports authenticated feeds (username/password) Active user community Always updating and improving and picked by LifeHacker as Best Podcast Player 2015 (http://lifehacker.com/5855861/th...). It just keeps getting better and better.