I'm close to finishing up the mvp of my iOS side project, Savor & West, and realized I probably need a welcome walkthrough for first time users. I've been looking around for some inspirations. Do any apps with a great first time user walkthrough come to mind that I should check out?
- "Simply put, if Slack's first-run experience was an Olympic medal, it would be gold. The level of detail, personality, and ingenuity is basically without parallel." https://www.useronboard.com/how-...
- I can't believe nobody has mentioned Duolingo till now, the product itself is the first time use. User downloads the app with the intention of learning a language and the app start with the task of learning a language. It doesn't ask you to create an account, it asks you to save the progress you've made by this time user is in a position to judge whether the app is useful to him or not.
- Love this app! It helps me remember all my password and no one can get into it. I can easily store my password since I have too many accounts for different sites.
- Email accounts are added through a chat dialogue which somehow makes the whole experience far less painful.Email accounts are added through a chat dialogue which somehow makes the whole experience far less painful.
- Anchor has a different (and really cool) audio-based walkthrough experience that is fun to follow, helps you understand how the app works and puts allowing the needed OS permissions in context.Anchor remains my favorite in terms of new user onboarding and overall design. It's new, unique and does a great job. I still remember logging in using Facebook without a second thought just because there was an audio asking me to do it.
- To be honest, I found Upwork's onboarding fantastic! I had never hired a freelancer ever before, but needed one badly. When I signed up for Upwork, it felt as if it had read my mind! It asked me just the basic questions to get started, with no extra information like phone number or card details. It guided me step-by-step and before I knew it, my first job post was already live! It even sold me well, saying something like "Add your credit card now to get better quality freelancers". I had already been blown away by their onboarding, so didn't hesitate a bit in adding my card details. Minutes after doing that, I got three freelancers submitting their cover letters. I ended up hiring one within that day and my job got done in 3 hours!
- Intercom was smooth and easy to get up and running. They also do a great job onboarding users to try new modules. For example, if you wanted to try their Engage product, they walk you step-by-step through sending your first message.
- Most downloaded app lock in Play Store. Protect privacy with password, pattern, fingerprint lock. Supports intruder selfie, incognito browser and multiple Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Linkedin accounts management. ★ #1 App lock in over 50 countries. ★ Over 300 Million users, supports 32 languages. ☞ AppLock can lock Facebook, Whatsapp, Gallery, Messenger, Snapchat, Instagram, SMS, Contacts, Gmail, Settings, incoming calls and any app you choose. Prevent unauthorized access and guard privacy. Ensure security. ☞ AppLock can hide pictures and videos. Hidden pictures and videos are vanished from Gallery and only visible in the photo and video vault. Protect private memories easily. No pin, no way. ☞AppLock has random keyboard and invisible pattern lock. No more worry people may peep the pin or pattern. More safe!