- "Simply put, if Slack's first-run experience was an Olympic medal, it would be gold. The level of detail, personality, and ingenuity is basically without parallel." https://www.useronboard.com/how-...
As a remote designer, this is a must have. I'm always contactable and available. Super easy way to also have quick calls and communicate with other team members on different teams.
I'm a part of a ton of Slack communities but I'm active in only a handful.
Slack works to its fullest only when it is implemented in a team and everyone's supposed to use it for communication. Slack could/should improve on making the communities on it better by adding relevant features.
- I think AirTable does their onboarding really well, actually writing up the reasons why. Will circle back and share!
Seeing how Airtable has progressed since it first launched is quite impressive. My only qualm with the application is the level of effort one has to put in to get a project setup. After spending a couple hours trying to set something up I ended up giving up and setting up someting in sheets using formulas in 30 minutes.
I have just started using it, so I'm still getting proficient at it. So far, I'm in love. I had been digging for a tool to help me with content management and strategy, and I couldn't be happier with what Airtable lets me do.
- I can't believe nobody has mentioned Duolingo till now, the product itself is the first time use. User downloads the app with the intention of learning a language and the app start with the task of learning a language. It doesn't ask you to create an account, it asks you to save the progress you've made by this time user is in a position to judge whether the app is useful to him or not.
My reading and listening skills have improved so much since using Duolingo, I couldn't recommend it more. I'm not naive in thinking it will make it fluent as it's not the best for speaking skills but has vastly helped me improve and build up my language confidence.
I listed "gem restrictions" because I would like to use it without limitations, but I understand that it is part of their business model.
- Love this app! It helps me remember all my password and no one can get into it. I can easily store my password since I have too many accounts for different sites.
- Full transparency I built this tool. but we have hundreds of thousands of paying users... so I can safly say it's pretty awesome.
Really great and complex project management app for more demanding customers.
So much more than just a project management tool. Our team uses DaPulse almost exclusively for all facets of communication and collaboration.
- Email accounts are added through a chat dialogue which somehow makes the whole experience far less painful.Email accounts are added through a chat dialogue which somehow makes the whole experience far less painful.
My mail client has to handle my personal as well as business mail. My life isn't neatly divided into work and non-work. All my personal mail is through my mac address. Not supporting that makes it worthless to me.
Just switched to this email client both on my Mac and my iPhone. I'm very impressed with how easy this is to use without too many bells and whistles.
I don't use the calendar though as I only use iCloud Calendar and not the calendar attached to my gmail.
- Anchor has a different (and really cool) audio-based walkthrough experience that is fun to follow, helps you understand how the app works and puts allowing the needed OS permissions in context.Anchor remains my favorite in terms of new user onboarding and overall design. It's new, unique and does a great job. I still remember logging in using Facebook without a second thought just because there was an audio asking me to do it.
- To be honest, I found Upwork's onboarding fantastic! I had never hired a freelancer ever before, but needed one badly. When I signed up for Upwork, it felt as if it had read my mind! It asked me just the basic questions to get started, with no extra information like phone number or card details. It guided me step-by-step and before I knew it, my first job post was already live! It even sold me well, saying something like "Add your credit card now to get better quality freelancers". I had already been blown away by their onboarding, so didn't hesitate a bit in adding my card details. Minutes after doing that, I got three freelancers submitting their cover letters. I ended up hiring one within that day and my job got done in 3 hours!
- Intercom was smooth and easy to get up and running. They also do a great job onboarding users to try new modules. For example, if you wanted to try their Engage product, they walk you step-by-step through sending your first message.
- Most downloaded app lock in Play Store. Protect privacy with password, pattern, fingerprint lock. Supports intruder selfie, incognito browser and multiple Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Linkedin accounts management. ★ #1 App lock in over 50 countries. ★ Over 300 Million users, supports 32 languages. ☞ AppLock can lock Facebook, Whatsapp, Gallery, Messenger, Snapchat, Instagram, SMS, Contacts, Gmail, Settings, incoming calls and any app you choose. Prevent unauthorized access and guard privacy. Ensure security. ☞ AppLock can hide pictures and videos. Hidden pictures and videos are vanished from Gallery and only visible in the photo and video vault. Protect private memories easily. No pin, no way. ☞AppLock has random keyboard and invisible pattern lock. No more worry people may peep the pin or pattern. More safe!