I love Slack, but am wondering if there is a better app for creating a community around a particular topic. Something that is beautiful, easy, reliable, and allows anyone to join the conversation. Also, an app that allows people to search for communities and join them publicly.
- Discord IMO is slicker for community/topic based conversations
- It's a new platform and it's impressive. You can create your own community like a social network.
- Flock is best free chat app. All-in-all it fits perfectly in your requirements! There are a lot of reasons that Flock is the best! One being that it greatly reduces your dependency on apps for task tracking and setting up reminders due to its inbuilt PM tools.
- TMinus is a community based countdown app. A countdown is usually based on a topic or an event you're looking forward to. Beautiful & easy - Subjective . But I would say it's easy to use. Reliable - The App is in Beta. Allows anyone to join the conversation - Yes. Search for communities and join them publicly - You could search for countdowns that would interest you and join them publicly.
- Rocket.Chat started as an open source Slack clone, but is now used and extended by a diverse range of communities with specific needs. Because its open and self hosted, there's a freedom of customisation, but also the privacy and security benefits of not relying on a platform ecosystem that might have adverse changes or go away.
- npac made this productCommunity software which lets users to write longform content and not just chat messages. Lets you embed course videos and sell site memberships too!npac made this productCommunity software which lets users to write longform content and not just chat messages. Lets you embed course videos and sell site memberships too!