I'd love to take a few fitness app recommendations from the community. They can be anything ranging from apps that helps you with your daily meditation, running or other physical work-outs. For instance, I use Nike+ RunClub to track my daily runs. Waiting for your recommendations!
- I use it more like a thorough exercise journal, that holds me accountable for my foods I intake.+1. This is one of my most used apps. Have logged everything I eat for over a year now. Best I've tried for logging. If you're interested in trying it - I also recommend talking to a nutritionist/nutrition coach. Someone who can get you started on what the right amounts of food are. Nutrition is very personal. The app does make suggestions on what the "right amount" to eat is. But that's not what it's best at. I think it's better to let someone else decide and then use MFP only for logging.Best I've tried for logging too. As Mike says, recommendations might not work for you, so it's better to already know what and how much you should eat and then track it with Myfitnesspal. They have an impressive database, I'm from Switzerland and I find a lot of products which are only available in Swiss stores.
- Truly the best running app I've ever used. Incredibly practical interface (clean with big buttons while running, vs. MyFitnessPal's disaster of a UI/UX), and you can plan routes according to "heat maps" of other runners (really useful if you're in a new area)
- I absolutely love 8fit for its flexibility and easy visual cues. I started using it last June and am now close to losing 10 pounds thanks to weekly workouts + healthy recipes they recommend. The app lets you create a fitness plan, and then suggests programs for you based on your goals. You can do the regular workouts + yoga. On top of that, there are a wide range of recipes you can make for the day's 3 main meals plus snacks and post-workout munchies.
- I've used this app since May and wish I had found it earlier. It currently has 156 workouts to choose from, ranging from 5 to 47 minutes in length. It also breaks them down into strength, endurance and mobility categories. I like that each exercise has an accompanying video that shows you how to perform it. You can also set up a plan that will recommend workouts for you over a set number of weeks. I definitely recommend you check it out.
- Time is precious and I'm not always able to go to the gym due to distance and busy days. This app allows me to get a lot of work in through different sets of exercises within high intensity intervals all under 7 minutes. I can use it everywhere and no need for equipment. You're also able to set the intensity and really break a serious sweat.
- 2ROMWODRange of motion is one of those things that people tend to forget about but which is extremely important. This app helps you to be both swole and flexy 😄
- 2Lift LogJake Mor made this productShameless plug ;) I made Lift Log a few years ago because I couldn't find an app to log my exercises quicker than pen & paper. I just updated the app and i've been getting really good feedback. I just hit 25k installs and DAU are up 25%. Give it a shot! Would love to hear your thoughts.
- - The UX and the UI are great ; - Includes warm-up AND stretching exercises ; - Includes cardio objectives ; - I've paid for a premium account (I've never paid for any fitness app before) and I'm quite satisfied with the diversity of the exercices.; - You can adapt the level of the exercices depending if you're in a good shape or not ; - You can choose how many workouts per week you want That's it for me !
- Joe L made this productAdvanced machine learning algorithm learns as you train to provide recommended time, repetitions, and weight for every exercise Personalized workouts are based on your genetics, ability, available equipment and past workouts. Instantly generate effective workouts every day in line with your plan, whether you are at the gym or at home with no equipment Log past workouts quickly to track your weights, reps, sets and time. Track the progress of your power, stamina and endurance for each muscle using advanced 3D models. Easily save new workouts for later and redo your favorite past workouts. View your progress over time for workouts and individual exercises. Build your own workouts from scratch with ~1000 exercises. Learn optimal form and technique from detailed exercise descriptions and videos Automatically upload activity such as heart rate and calories burned to Apple’s Health app. Use Siri to quickly launch personalized workouts. Track body measurements crucial to your goal such as body weight, BMI, chest measurements and more! Daily fitness articles and videos in a personalized news feed Connect with friends to share workouts and help motivate each other. Compete against yourself and your friends with new workout challenges. Build a workout with friends in the iMessage app by sharing exercises, workouts and stickers. Easily view your queued workout for the day using the Today Widget.
- 1Fitnetix Sports Tracker - Running & CyclingFitnetix turns your phone into a personal fitness tracker in your pocket - ideal for running, cycling, skiing, walking and other sport activities. It has a great built-in route planning feature to help you draw and follow routes quickly and easily. It's absolutely free, no registration required.