- Twist is great, I've been testing it for a few months, and I absolutely love it! I was surprised how easy it was to switch to Twist. The team conversations seem very easy and well organised now. And yes, less distractful. Definitely worth trying. I'm a huge fun of what the Twist team is doing in terms of promoting more mindful team communication.Pretty sure you were referring to Twist in your description. It's built by the team who built Todoist, so it also integrates nicely with that for task and/or project management. They wrote a take down on medium, about how and why Slack actually eats your life. Pretty compelling. I'm not sure how others who use Twist feel about the outcome of their work though - if it reduces the anxiety, for example.
- It has native apps for macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android for business to manage the group of people with a group chat, audio calls and many more with one on one screen and it is a user-friendly application, with an affordable price.Can communicate easily with the team.With features like unlimited chat storage, audio/video calling, location sharing, Unlimited Group creation, Broadcasting and many more, Troop messenger promises to provide everything needed for a successful team communication
- Slack focuses on building a great product for teams, not necessarily large open communities. So some larger communities have been moving away from Slack such as reactiflux. They are well designed, easy to use, and surprisingly fast. In addition to the web app, they have mobile apps on both iOS and Android as well as desktop apps for OS X and Windows. Source
- Philipp Bohn made this productWe have built Circuit as one, easy-to-use platform for voice, video, messaging, screen share, files and communities. It‘s used by startups, SMBs and global corporations, thanks to our scalability, quality and security. The free version includes unlimited messages and screen sharing.
- Philippe Lehoux made this productThe email client UI applied to team messaging is our core innovation. We firmly believe that the volume of internal conversations in organizations, even small ones, is so massive that it requires something more powerful than the infinite channels offered by Slack. See this link for details on the difference between Slack and Missive: https://missiveapp.com/slack-vs-...
- We've switched over from Slack to Hipchat for communication between teams.Hipchat is awesome if you use other Atlassian products... Confluence is sensacional, as well as Jira
- Love the fact that you can include people in chats with just their email address—they don't have to sign up.An alternative to slack that doesn't require you to have a log in...
- Open source, doesn't lock you into anything, complete ownership of data, hosted where ever you want. We use Rocket.Chat for our clients that want a "slack" like chat within their software,
- Hemanth Kumar Reddy made this productZoho Connect is a team collaboration platform and a great alternative to Slack. It lets you create your own private social network for your organization and gives you all those tools you would require for collaborating with your team effectively like groups, channels, task boards, knowledge management, custom Apps etc. You can also check out Zoho Cliq (www.zoho.com/cliq) if you are looking for Chat based collaboration tool with custom bots.
- Hey Bernadette, it's like you're describing Chanty - https://www.chanty.com/ Chanty is a simple and fast, AI-powered team chat created especially for boosting communication and productivity in small and medium-sized teams. It's currently in beta stage, but the official Chanty release is planned this year. Notification settings in Chanty allow you to stay updated only with your desired information. You can snooze notifications from 15 minutes to 8 hours in one click, choose when you will be notified (with all new messages, one-to-one messages, mentions, task updates or nothing), turn off/on notification sounds and use a silent mode (the ability to turn notifications off for a specific time period). In addition to the instant messaging feature, Chanty provides a built-in task manager. Tasks in Chanty allows you to organize your daily activities in the best way.
- We change from Slack to Microsoft Teams... Better audio/video/screensharing and better integration with other tools... For example you can create a "group channel" and add a tab with a wiki or kanban or other website.
- Pretty good choice of app that boosts collaboration and protects all communications within a team, company or large enterprise. The product is available is Saas and on-premise solution for those who seek complete security. The functionality and featured tools are much more expanded that in Slack and the app offers an admin pannel to keep complete track of security, tune up the system, create templates and mixture of policies. Otherwise it's pretty much the same.
- Workplace by Facebook is like your own company's private Facebook (plus a lot of additional "work focused" features. Within it, there's Workplace Chat. With Workplace Chat, it's like Facebook Messenger — for work. Same concept of Slack with private 1:1 chats, 1-to-many chats, and the concept of "channels" is done by creating group messages based on the the groups created within Workplace itself. So if you join a group, you can join the group chat. And there are bots, integrations, and all that jazz: https://www.facebook.com/workpla... Bonus: If you're a non-profit, it's totally free.