- This equips a students to bootstrap their development project from scratch till production with all the tools necessaryTotally recommend the Github Student package too. I find it very helpful.
When you use grammarly, they put some kind of advert for youtube, so when you watch youtube videos, it will stop and their advert will start. Note, this is not a youtube ad, this is an ad directly from them.
The browser extension is a must have, but I regularly pass my emails through this, or draft them in it just to catch dumb mistakes and make noticeable grammar improvements on the fly
- Pavlo Pedenko made this productDisclaimer: I work as a PM in Setapp so my opinion might be biased. Setapp is a single subscription for 83 amazing Mac apps with a total value of $2500+ (and it keeps growing). Student receives an access to Findings (which is an amazing app to conduct research and experiments with utmost precision), Ulysses (one of the best writing apps so far), Studies (helps to keep all your notes for every subject in one place), Xmind (fancy mind mapping tool) and a loooot more. Free trial is available.
- Not exactly an app, but a really supportive and super-friendly community of student makers from around the world backed by developers and entrepreneurs who help us out when needed. If you're into making products, check it out :) P.S: I'm the guy behind this community 🙈 ✌️
- Awesome to get organized day in, day out, and stay on top of the many shared projects with other students
We were looking for a tool to replace Asana, and after initially testing Todoist, became certain it could be the tool for us. But sharing projects is a PITA. There's no easy way to let your team have access to all newly created projects. Also, the projects structure isn't shared, so sharing a new subproject causes havoc in the teammate's projects structure, and the teammate needs to manually configure the projects structure according to it's intended layout.
Organize your life with pleasure. Add due date to tasks, tasks inside projects, subprojects and subtasks. Call your friends to join your project and assign tasks for them. Comment and add images on tasks. Have your tasks everywhere with nice apps. Love it.
- As students, one would most often face difficulties when it comes to splitting bills and getting paid back. Splitwise is possibly the best way to solve that.
A friend introduced me to split wise while we were vacationing and it's an amazing app. No more mental notes on who paid for what.
Works great in office when we are ordering food or go out for tea :)
Splitwise is my go-to for all bill splits these days. Very handy and is feature-packed, with new updates often.
I searched high and low for a replacement to the Mac OS default Notes app, which is incredibly limited in functionality and insufficient for my needs. I had one twist - I needed to find a note taking app for Mac that did not sync or store notes in the cloud. Bear does just that and it happens to be great. I really enjoy the hashtag categorization system and ability to have multiple tags on a note. It's a twist on Evernote style tags, but with a lighter-weight style of notebook organization and management.
Overall I love Bear. It is beautifully designed. I love the simple interface and the ability to tag notes is amazing. It makes searching for old notes so much easier. This is better than Apple Notes and I love it so much more than Evernote.
- Always helps to have your bank account handy. Venmo helps avoid those awkward moments when you and a new friend have to split the cost of pizza.
The templates help me create my slides easily and in no-time. I like the big preview of the templates which makes it easy to decide which one fits my needs best.
it's my app of choice when it comes to creating presentations
- As a student we are constantly forgetting things, set a reminder in Wunderlist to ensure our responsibilities are taken care of and check box done the reminder once completed.
If you're a minimalistic approach lover then you should definitely check Wunderlist. It's doesn't eat much resources if you keep it open all the time. Lists of tasks, starring tasks is the best simple and productive way of tasks' prioritization. It also has a great feature of adding a task or searching for a task without going to the main window. Just use a keyboard shortcut for this.
I've tried this app many times, but really fail to see what people see in it. It fails my basic use cases of even a grocery list, where I need to complete an item, have it hidden, then uncomplete it when it's needed again, easily.
But then again, Todoist also fails this. Perhaps these are great for one-time use and throw away items. I use AnyList, and would otherwise use Paperless on iOS (or now Ikiru) before either of those.
- Pavel Sakhatskiy made this productSince, most of the academic materials are PDFs, a powerful PDF editor is a must have app for any student. And PDF Expert is the best one.
- You need this...Track assignments, GPA over a semester, schedule, etc. and etc.simply the best app for my college schedule, manage projects and hw assignments. Theres mac app, win app, android app and iphone app. I love it
- Nachum Kligman made this productIn 10 minutes Students can create a social booking page where they can offer services such as Tutoring, Painting Homes, Landscaping or any of hundreds of other services they want to do to make some extra cash. Disclaimer, I am a co-founder :)
- Christopher Hannah made this productAlthough I developed this app, it was for my own use at university. And it served me well when I wanted to quickly get a bit of information, or do some initial research before I went deeper into a topic.